Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Sam into my vet's yesterday for his annual exam. They had a junior wellness exam where they draw blood and make sure all tests are normal. Sam just turned 3. I got home from work today to a message from a tech saying, "Sam's test indicated a slightly elevated kidney enzyme. Please drop by a urine sample for further testing."

I'm pretty much 100% sure he hasn't eaten any products from the recall list.

I called my vet's right away and asked them to explain what the message meant...the person who answered said, "our computer system is down right and I can't answer any of your questions."

So now I'm trying not to freak out and stay calm until morning. Maybe its nothing. I wish I knew for sure.

Anyone else ever dealt with this before? Thanks for listening. I'll drop by a sample first thing in the morning and try to think positive thoughts. He's so strong and healthy and happy...I'm sure he must be ok.

UPDATE: Sam's urine test was fine. <<doing snoopy dance>> Rangersmom and Zoe Zoe, thanks so much for making me feel better last night. We're getting a foot of snow here in Colorado by tomorrow so Sam can celebrate by playing in the snow!

Julie

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Re: Good thoughts for Sam please!

Sending good thoughts for Sam. Often there can be a slightly elevated enzyme and it really doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Re: Good thoughts for Sam please!

Rangermom said:
Sending good thoughts for Sam. Often there can be a slightly elevated enzyme and it really doesn't mean anything.
Yep, happened to Jake the year I adopted him. When we redid the tests in 30 days; he was fine. Jake isn't a big water drinker, either.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I am so glad to hear Sam is okay. I know what I said last night was true but I have to admit when I hear that so and so is elevated I do think about it a bit. I hope Sam has fun in the snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts