Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good thoughts for my beagle girl, please?-Update

My 2 year old beag, Phoebe, has been throwing up for almost 2 weeks. After a few days of us giving her boiled chicken and rice, SU took her to our Vet's office.* Unfortunately our favorite vet wasn't there that day.* Phoebe was put on medication for an irritated tummy and sent home. The medicine has had little effect on her vomiting at least once a day. I went back today with her and we saw our favorite doc.* She was very concerned, ordered blood work and x-rays.* The x-rays showed a problem where her stomach empties into her intestine, lots of gas and a smaller than normal liver.* :(Phoebe gets an upper GI tomorrow. I'd appreciate any good thoughts for my baby, 'cause I am worried about her.

Update: The upper GI revealed Phoebe has an ulcerated stomach. Our vet showed me the pics...poor baby! This was aggravated by her continuing to eat grass, and lots of it. The vet pulled some from her stomach to show me. Very long pieces which she couldn't digest easily, which made her tummy nauseated, which made her eat more grass! Anyway, I am grateful this is something we can handle with meds and supervsion(stay away from grass eating). Thanks for everyone's positive thoughts and well wishes.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You got it! Poor baby girl.
I hope it something that is easily fixed, or at least manageable. :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Poor Phoebe! I hope they can find a solution for her today. Beagle smoochies from the pack!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts and well wishes for my Phoebe. I took her in at 7:30 and I am at home now, pacing.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I am so glad it is something that can be fixed! No more grass - but boy do they like to eat it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts