Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No biggie (I hope!), but I'm taking him at 4:30 to get his thyroid checked. Thinking hypothyroidism, but I hope it's not. He's got more energy in the last week since I've changed his food, and his ear is getting better, but I'm going to have it checked anyway. At the same time, bringing in a urine sample since he's been peeing in the livingroom almost everyday. :(

Here's hoping he's got nothing!!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Make sure they run a full thyroid test .. they get sent to Michigan. Much more accurate representation of what the thyroid is doing because they test more than just T4

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Good thoughts for the boy!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have them do that, thank you!! :)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Agreeing on the full panel thing. Good thoughts for Frankie.

But do remember that thyroid issues are very manageable, at least in my experience with people with the condition. None of our four-legged family members have thyroid problems, but hypothyroidism is very common on my father's side (my dad pretty much lost all thyroid function in his early 30s, several cousins have varying degrees of severity, and I just got diagnosed mildly hypothyroid and put on synthroid in the past 6 months). Once they get the dosage right, it's just basic daily maintenance. I imagine the medication and treatment is much the same for dogs as for people.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good thoughts for both of you!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts