Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's generally not a big deal, but she's getting her tooth extracted and her teeth cleaned tomorrow. I'll drop her off at 8am and pick her up later in the day, all goofy from the anesthesia.

Just hoping that there aren't any weird complications and she'll be back to normal! :)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
She'll be fine Justine. The oldest dog I ever had to have teeth out was my Grandmothers old Chihuahua. We adopted him when my Grandmother died. He was 16 then. When he was 17, we had to get the last of his teeth out (about 6) because of periodontal disease. He survived that just fine & lived 'til he was 19. :)

I'm sure if he came through it ok, it will be a breeze for Abbey. Just give her soft food for the next few days. :cool:

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She'll be fine Justine. The oldest dog I ever had to have teeth out was my Grandmothers old Chihuahua. We adopted him when my Grandmother died. He was 16 then. When he was 17, we had to get the last of his teeth out (about 6) because of periodontal disease. He survived that just fine & lived 'til he was 19. :)

I'm sure if he came through it ok, it will be a breeze for Abbey. Just give her soft food for the next few days. :cool:
I know. I'm just such a worry-wort!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Sending Abbey lots and lots of good thoughts!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
She'll be fine! They're super careful and efficient.

Tomorrow's my day off, otherwise I'd check in on her for you.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
I'll be thinking of Abby all day since it's Mitzi's tooth extraction day too. She goes in at 8:30. I know how worried you are. Give us an update when she's home.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for Abbey. Justine, she'll be fine, and you can baby her and give her lots of lovin'. :)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Good thoughts for Abbey! I will be waiting for the update when you get her home.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Happy Toof cleaning Abbey!

I know I love it when I get my teeth cleaned, so I'm sure she'll wake with that oh so fresh feeling!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts