Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I kiss Boo good night, she emits this little tiny whiney growl as if to say I'm too tired let me be. Well last night I lifted her head and she showed her teeth. No growl but teeth. She's not asleep so I'm not startling her out of a sound sleep. I corrected her and let her know that was not acceptable. What would you do? I'm gonna kiss her good night regardless. What do you make of that?:confused: I don't mind saying that it kind of makes me uneasy now. I don't think she'd bite me, but ya know, I don't think I trust her now. Comments?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Hmm. Not sure what to say to that. Saba lets out a "sigh" when I kiss him good night, and lets out a whiny bark if I forget to "tuck him in" lol

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Lexi grumbles at me when I give her good night kisses. She's curled her lip at me, like an Elvis lip thing, but never shown her teeth. If she ever does, she will get corrected, that will not be acceptable.

I don't know that Rush would bite you, but she was clearly telling you she was not a happy pupper.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lexi grumbles at me when I give her good night kisses. She's curled her lip at me, like an Elvis lip thing, but never shown her teeth. If she ever does, she will get corrected, that will not be acceptable.

I don't know that Rush would bite you, but she was clearly telling you she was not a happy pupper.
It's Boo that's complaining, Rush never would, she's my mellow yellow!!
Boo is known to be a brat, she's a very me,me, me type dog. Rush knows how to share.:D

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Boo, you're gonna get yourself into the crate if you keep that crap up! I would have done exactly as you and that correction would have been in her mind for a long time. And then I would be kissing her and kissing her just to show my point!

Simba low growled at me the other nite and got a correction she wasn't expecting and put in her kennel! I think it surprised the hell outta her that mom was being to her "princess". LOL

As Laura has said time and time again, there's only one queen ***** in my house and it's me!

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
I think she's just expressing "I'm really not the mushy type,Mom". I don't know if she even realizes what she was corrected for, but she won't bite you.

Maybe she was smiling at ya!
No kidding. Some dogs show teeth as a submisive gesture. It is never accompanied with a growl, ears back, eyes half closed. Our first lab, Heidi did it often, usually as a greeting. We called it smiling. She was the most gentle, sweetest dog we ever had. Once she "smiled" at the meter reader who misinterpreted the gesture and gave her mace in the face.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think she's just expressing "I'm really not the mushy type,Mom". I don't know if she even realizes what she was corrected for, but she won't bite you.

No kidding. Some dogs show teeth as a submisive gesture. It is never accompanied with a growl, ears back, eyes half closed. Our first lab, Heidi did it often, usually as a greeting. We called it smiling. She was the most gentle, sweetest dog we ever had. Once she "smiled" at the meter reader who misinterpreted the gesture and gave her mace in the face.
Awww poor thing that had to hurt. Last night when I went to kiss Boo good night, she was so sweet, she makes snorting noises when she is enjoying her tummy rub or lovings, and we call it purring. Well she was purring up a storm so i guess all is well now. Like I said, she is a real BRAT!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts