Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if your decision on Hank is the same as it was a couple of days ago, I know today is going to be very diffucult for you. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and Hank today and am saying prayers for the both of you. Please let him know that I, too, am shedding some tears for him today. For some reason, he really touches my heart...

I hope my Garth will be one of the first chocolates to "show him the ropes" up there. God bless you, my friend!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Re: Good Morning, Joe

Thinking of you.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

(((hugs))) to you and Hank.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

We said prayers for Joe and Hank last night... I'm so glad you posted this.

Hang in there, Joe. We're with you in spirit.

·
Registered
995 Posts

You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
836 Posts

I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts and prayers for Hank. He truely is a special dog that has so much love and kindness in his soul. I am sure he can feel all of your love touching him today.

I had an appointment for him to cross over at 9am today. I spent the day with him yesterday and we went to the park and shared a nice chicken breast. I took a lot of pictures and some video to remember him by. As had been the case for over a week he was very weak in his back end and also often fell face first. We had talked about this with our vet and she thought his neurological issues had progressed causing his weakness.

The odd thing I noticed being with him yesterday, every time he would fall, he would start twitching just a split second before the fall. He was having mini seizures! That is something we could deal with.

I ask Hank and god to guid me to make the right decision. I did not want him to suffer, but obviously I did not want to put him down too soon. Hank seemed to get better as the day went on. I figured it was just that one good day you always have before the end. But last night he came and ask to be petted, for 45 minutes!!! We adjusted his meds and this morning he seems a lot like his old self. He is begging for food and petting and following me around the house.

As I said, his appointment was for 9am, it is now 9:15 and he is here nudging my hand and telling me to stop typing so I can pet him. God and Hank have spoken in a very clear voice and said today will NOT be the day. I am very happy about this, to say the least.

The bad news is that I leave for my 2 week trip at noon today. Barb and my son are here for him if anything should go wrong or if he declines again. I have high hopes we will have some more quality time with Hank, but I have everything in place if needed. It was an agonizing decision to put him down, and an even harder one to let him live. I did not want to do it for selfish reasons. I wanted to make sure it was what is right for Hank. You never really know 100% what is right, but I think Hank is worth the wait.

Thank you all, and please keep the prayers for Hank coming. I will update you on his condition in two weeks when I return.

SPARRO's Honey Brown Hank enjoying the park yesterday.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is such great news, Joe! Hang in there Hank! I will definitely keep him in my prayers! Gosh, he is so lucky to have you; and you, him!!! Well, I was crying earlier when I first posted from sadness and now I am crying with happiness - I will take the latter any day!!!

Have a great trip!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Hoping.. praying the adjustment to his meds give him some qulity time. Hang in there Hank

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Very good update!!! ;D

Wishing the best for Barb, Chris, and Hank, and all of your's during your absence.

May you safely return home to find EVERYONE, especially Barb and Chris and Hank, HAPPY and HEALTHY.

(((((Hugs to all at S.P.A.R.R.O.))))) :-*

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
I missed the other post about Hank. I'm so sorry about the tough seizures. :( But I'm so glad he's still with you and feel alright. I hope he will improve. Good thoughts and prayers to that precious boy. He sure has a wonderful smile and a couple of kind eyes! :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Wow, that IS good news!! I hope he continues to improve. Will keep you in thought and prayers. He will be in good hands while you are gone and in the prayers of all us JLers!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
That is great news, Joe............ safe travels, my friend. Are you still coming to North East?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts