Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cappy and his good friend Ria got together for a hunt this morning. We ended up with four ducks. One of them was a long blind retrieve (Ria didn't see it go down) that she was sent for and hunted up for several hundred yards from where she was sitting with Dave when the bird was shot. An impressive retrieve, even for the top quality 1000 point Hunt Test competitor that she is. Good Job, Ria!

Post hunt pictures of course ...

Remi wants in on the pics even if she missed in the action today.

After wash downs, lunch and some snacks, two of the dawgs were obviously tired and ready for a "best-of-friends nap"..

ps ... Part of the reason Ria gets so tired when she comes here for the day isn't just the hunting. She and Remi play tug-of-war, bitey-face, chase the dawg with the stuffed toy, and several other games they enjoy together until yelled at ... "enough already you two!".

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
If I'm not being too nosy, what do you do with all those ducks. Do you sell the feathers, or the duck itself for the meat. I'm not meaning to sound dumb but you seem to catch so many. Where do they all go?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mombear said:
If I'm not being too nosy, what do you do with all those ducks. Do you sell the feathers, or the duck itself for the meat. I'm not meaning to sound dumb but you seem to catch so many. Where do they all go?
I never get tired of answering that question, Peggy. :laugh:

It is ILLEGAL to sell waterfowl or parts thereof. It is illegal to possess more than 2 X the daily bag limit at any one time. In TX the daily limit is 5 ducks and 3 Canada Geese. That means that we (Carol and I together since we are both licensed) could harvest 10 ducks per day and 6 geese. We could keep 20 and 12 respectively in the house if we chose to.

According to the journal that we maintain, we have harvested a total of 166 ducks and geese combined this season which began back in September. Cappy has retrieved 90, Remi 63 and Ria 13.

We eat less than 5% of the ducks that we harvest here on our property. The vast majority are given to friends, neighbors or the Pastor at the church 1/4 mile down the highway from us. Rest assured, none are wasted.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ria know's a handsome dog when she see's one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts