Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , We are small hobby kennel located on the south of Serbia,Svilajnac That's why we are "Labrador happy valley :)
good end bad

DIFIRENT FACE

PIGMENT

GOOD END BAD

ears

NEK

NO GOOD

NO GOOD BREAST

OK BREAST

LOIN END ABDOMEN

OK

NO GOOD

THE BEST

POZZ

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I really like it for the first time I can see all the major points and what bad reaally looks like. What language is it in?

Kellly and Amber.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
That is a very nice mini-tutorial.

I must say that the first images of the hip joints, followed by line drawings of the head conformation, had me a bit stumped (perplexed) as to the continuity and purpose of the thread. But as I followed along I understood what your intention is.

Thank you for contributing to our forum.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Very informative post. Thanks for posting. I like that you are "Labrador Happy Valley" :happy:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Everything is lumped together and not labeled? This would be better in the conformation section and maybe break it up and label everything - good/correct and bad/incorrect?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I hope you got permission by the owners/breeders of the dogs you used in your examples. I know I'd be pissed to see one of mine used, good or bad, without my permission.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I know I'd be pissed to see one of mine used, good or bad, without my permission.
That is what I was thinking...I wouldn't be happy if a picture of my dog was used to demostrate a 'bad' example of the breed, regardless of whether they were or not.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Labby got most of my post...but I had written it before and I'll put my 2 cents in...

I have a major problem with this post...

That is that the examples of the dogs you used are clearly not yours, and the dogs are easily identifiable. Also the photos are by some great professional photographers and as such, you didn't pay for them. The websites where these photos are published clearly state that you may not download or use the photos for your own use without the permission of the owner. Now, you may have gotten the permission, but knowing some of the owners, photographers, and webmasters where those photos are located, I don't think they would have given permission for a post on the good and the bad points of their labradors.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Plus let's not forget, it is ONE person's opinion. It does not mean that the dogs marked as "bad" are poor representatives of the breed.

·
Registered
371 Posts
labby said:
Plus let's not forget, it is ONE person's opinion. It does not mean that the dogs marked as "bad" are poor representatives of the breed.
I didn't even get to that part. :)

One person's opinion on what the "perfect" dog is - obviously that is very subjective with interpretations of the ideal dog painted in the various standards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought that this topic will help people to see whats Correct/Imcorrect in the look of Lab. Retriver...
I see now im wrong...
Well, delete this topic if ya want,i didnt wanted this to grow into argueing...

Bye. :-(

P.S. Labby...

This isnt opinion of 1 man...i described and put in examples...everything that is in standard of Labrador
Retriever...Everyones dog is best for hes owner...Just sometimes we need to follow the standard...and that i was doing in this topic..

Farewell ;P

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I understand the intent. However, even within the standard there are opinions on what is correct and what is not. Otherwise, we'd have dogs that all looked alike, which we don't. That was the point I was trying to make. It is YOUR opinion on what you find correct. It does not mean that the dogs used will be what others find correct or incorrect. We all have our opinions on the best dog.

My main concern is using people's dogs as examples without their permission, especially when some of the dogs are recognizable.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
having everyone saying all that they did I just had to say I liked that yellow boy Jayncourt Starman and I do not disagree with your opinion on Royal Oak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts