Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are on the move! I haven't been on here much lately - I feel like I have been on a never-ending roller coaster ride! Hubby has been gone a lot due to work so my time has been spent trying to prepare for this journey. We leave on July 23rd to start our 10 day road trip to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. They have two season there: July, and winter. :D We have lived there before (actually, this is my third posting in YK) so we certainly know what lies ahead. Part of me is looking forward to the move, part of me wants to stay in Ottawa. I love Ottawa and we hope to come back here after our two years in YK. We will certainly retire in this area.

Cooper doesn't know what lies ahead for him but he will be beside himself with glee. We will be living in an area where there are lots of cool places to walk him plus there are numerous lakes for swimming.

I am beside myself with glee because we purchased a house located close enough to my office that I can WALK TO WORK!!!! Hallelujah!!!! I HATE commuting via vehicle - to be able to walk to/from work is heaven to me. When I have a bad day, I blow off steam walking home and feel better by the time I hit the doorstep. (Which means I don't take it out on hubby!)

The best part of this entire move is that I will actually be living under the same roof as Dwayne. We have essentially been living apart for the past two years, courtesy of the Canadian Forces :mad: so it will be so wonderful to be together full-time. No more emailing and phone calls at odd hours - yippee!!

Will chat with all of you once we are back on line in about 3-4 weeks. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Bev. (and Cooper!)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
So glad you'll get to live together!! Have a safe move :)

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Sounds like it's all working out nicely! Glad you like Ottawa, and we'll see you back here in two years :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Good luck, Bev. And OMG.. yellowknife.. ugh.. come back and make me feel better about our crappy winter!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Enjoy your new adventure! Remember, post lots of pictures when you find your way back to JL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts