Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
That is a lovely article. Thanks for bringing it to 'our' attention.

I truly envy those (and the many here too) that have the ability to convey thoughts and pictures, and pasts, and feelings into the written word...sigh....

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
What a lovely story, it brought a tear to my eye as we can all picture just what she is describing, many a time i have woken one of my boys from a deep sleep just to check they were still breathing!

The bit about the roast pork brought back a childhood memory for me, we had a very old black lab who like Beau, would skate on the kitchen lino as he got up. My mother had cooked a piece of roast beef for Sunday lunch, she had carved enough off for the family then had put the rest to cool off before refrigerating it.

Meantime, Tinker our ginger cat came in unbeknown to us, he had smelt the beef, he then jumped up and grabbed the cooling meat in his mouth, at this our lab had tried to jump up and began skating like Bambi on ice which attracted our attention, mom rushed in, the cat paniced, dropped the beef which bounced and although he was deaf with cateracts the dog managed to catch! - we had to let him have it for effort- talk about a tag team though I'm pretty sure he didn't share with the cat!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have read this one before and reading it again still envokes the same reaction. Sometimes I see-saw between complete joy that Abbey is still with me to complete fear that she is getting older and I can't turn back time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts