Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Oh no! Not another "free to good home" I wish people realized that by giving away their dog free that they put their dog/cat/ferret at risk for being picked up by a labratory facility (atleast they do in St. Louis) peeps go onto sites like craigslist, pose as loving homes and then take peoples "free" animals and sell them to lab testing facilities. I try to email every craiglister that posts "free to good home" and alert them to the danger of giving away the animal without a rehoming fee. Even though you can't take this pup, perhaps you can email this family and warn them and try and get them to charge a re-homing fee.

I hope he finds a good home, it just worries me when I see "free to good home" I had a friend give away her german shepared/lab named Lillian and some jerk took her and turned around and sold her to a lab facility! Thats why I am so worried about these types of ads.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
People should charge at least 100$ for this reason. Even if they donate the money to a rescue...dont just give them away.
Poor Golden...

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, no - there were three other postings - a chi, and pit mix. Seems she's keeping two of her five.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well.............if anyone is interested, I'll work on getting him to you ?!?! hmmm? hmmm?

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Ohhh! :angel: So sweet. I hope he gets a good home. I love Goldens SO much.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh my, he's gorgeous. If we weren't in a touchy situation with Shadow right now, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I've been wanting another Golden and this one is already housebroken!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
There is a whole section on craigslits for animals. You just can't sell them. They allow for re-homes and adoptions though, nick.

·
Registered
108 Posts
OMG he's beautiful. Okay - so I'm sure I'll be accused of trying to save the world (hug a tree or such) as usual, but I sent an e-mail and suggested they contact PetFinders to either run and add or to help find a home. They work with rescue groups and that's where I got my black lab and they DEFINITELY do background checks on the people they place babies with. And if necessary, take care of them until they can find them a home.

Gosh I wish I hadn't seen that! :(

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
turtleheadfred said:
OMG he's beautiful. Okay - so I'm sure I'll be accused of trying to save the world (hug a tree or such) as usual, but I sent an e-mail and suggested they contact PetFinders to either run and add or to help find a home. They work with rescue groups and that's where I got my black lab and they DEFINITELY do background checks on the people they place babies with. And if necessary, take care of them until they can find them a home.

Gosh I wish I hadn't seen that! :(
I contacted as well - I would actually take in with the Lab rescue group I volunteer for - we actually get many requests for Goldens. I haven't heard back of yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts