Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Park last evening to walk Wes and then jog myself. It was a gorgeous night, and Wes niffed a thousand niffs before being tucked into the car. But while we were still making our rounds together:

Lumbering toward us, a dozen or so yards away, was a guy with a Golden. This was a shaggy VW bus with four legs, a gorgeous tawny coat, and a tail that could create hurricane winds.

I did my usual callout: "Is he a he, or is she a she?"

I ask this all the time because male-2-male, Wes can sometimes get a case of the grouchies.

"He's a he...."

Okay. "Can they say hello," asks I, shooting Wes a glance that says "Keep yourself to yourself Mr. Man, lest I thump you on the noodle."

"Sure!"

Dog's name was Shadow. He was not quite two. And he and Wes got along well until Wes lost interest and wandered over to some bushes for more niffing.

But Shadow... Heh. LEEEEEEEEEEEENED into my legs with an almost bone-crushing pressure as I nuzzed his chest and rubbed his head. BIG smile. It was all I could do not to get knocked over by his imbalance.

Great dog. And I was sure to tell his Daddy that, too.

But I think he already knew...................

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mind in the gutter today and with all the caffeine, I read that you encountered a Golden Shower.:eek:
Well, I have only described PART of my weekend......

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Mind in the gutter today
Today? Your mind is always in the gutter, from what I've read. :p

Dan, your post put a huge smile on my face. Such a Golden!! :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts