Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first and only show I've been to was a Lab specialty and it was so nice and small. I just got the judging program for next weekends show and I am blown away by how many dogs will be there. The show itself has +/- 1800 entries each day. For rally novice A there are 15 entrants for Saturday out of a total of 107 total dogs for rally. I am just a little nervous about such a big show. Our time for Saturday is 11:55am so hopefully I will have an early number vs a later one. Sunday is about the same. Hopefully we will get our final leg on Saturday and Sunday will be more or less a training day for Advanced.

I also have never seen any agility, so I'm was glad to see that the rally rings are very close to the agility rings. I will definately be watching some of that for sure!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Have fun! Those big shows can be sooooooooooooooo fun! Shopping is usually pretty good, too!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Re: Going to my largest show ever - hopefully to get last Nov. rally leg next wk

is it the pasadena show? if so I might be there on Sat.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
dakkerdog said:
I also have never seen any agility, so I'm was glad to see that the rally rings are very close to the agility rings. I will definately be watching some of that for sure!
Be careful because if you are watching agility, you can bet your dog will be too. ;) I love the big shows. There is always something going on somewhere that I want to see and yes, awesome shopping too.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Re: Going to my largest show ever - hopefully to get last Nov. rally leg next wk

Good luck. Watch out for the dog poop. Those big show... there is poop all over... conformation folks just don't like to pick up after themselves. I have stopped going to all breed shows because of this.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

No I didn't enter because I wasn't sure how Amber would be doing. Thats also the reason I only entered two days at the mission circut. I am not yet at the point yet were I am comfortable competing every weekend yet. We are still working our way through a few issues so its best if we don't show as often. Once we get into a good patern I will hapily compete more often. I will probably be there on Sunday just because I am an agility groupie.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

raian said:
....Those big show... there is poop all over... conformation folks just don't like to pick up after themselves.....
Ahem....I ALWAYS pick up after my dog! :eek: Maybe it's the shows you attend because I show in conformation, rally and OB and all the shows we attend are clean. They were when I lived in CA too.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

CYNLABS said:
raian said:
....Those big show... there is poop all over... conformation folks just don't like to pick up after themselves.....
Maybe it's the shows you attend because I show in conformation, rally and OB and all the shows we attend are clean.
I always find poop all over at our shows too. I've even had the big well known handlers let their dogs poop right in front of me then walk off. I always say "hey...do you need a poop bag?" They usually ignore me.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've only been to 1 show and that was the Lab Specialty for So. Calif. I did not see poop anywhere and I went and watched some of the conformation.

I'll have to see how this one is. I would think that the parks that allow the shows wouldn't appreciate that too much.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hmmmm.... I have been to (oh my, never counted before) too many dog shows and have never ever encountered a poop problem.

Best of luck at your big show!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts