Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are taking a family mini vacation to D.C. on Friday for 4 days. I haven't been since I was a child...probably around 10 years old. Which was 20 years ago...WOW..

Anyway I need some good places to eat and can't miss things in D.C. if anyone has some input.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
The Clyde's restaurants have pretty good food for a fair price. The original Clyde's is in Georgetown. By the Treasury is Old Ebbitt Grill owned by Clyde's people. Also casual place. There are some really good restaurants around the Verizon Center which is mid-town. Are you staying in the city? The concierge at your hotel should be able to recommend some good places. Not sure how much you want to spend. Also, some of the museums have really good food for a fair price.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
See the Capitol, Lincoln Memorial, VN Mem'l, National Gallery of Art, various Smithsonian museums..........
and the Korean Memorial and WWII Memorial, too. While you're by the Viet Nam Memorial, check out the Nurses one. Very moving. Oh, and the FDR Memorial- I swore that one was never going to end, but it was really neat! Don't forget Arlington and, while you're on that side of the river, the Air Force Memorial. ;) After numerous trips to DC when the kids were young, we finally broke down and got tickets for the Tour Mobile. OMG- what a wonderful idea that was! You're not locked into a schedule- get off at whatever stop you want and get back on at anyone. A bus comes every 15 or so minutes.

Where are you staying? The first couple of times we went, we stayed just outside of DC in Crystal City, and took the metro into DC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts