Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the first half of 68 panels put on my roof tomorrow, and the rest next week, and I'm very excited! I've lived in this house for almost 4 years and its something I've wanted done since I moved in!

Anyone else go solar?

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
congrats Melissa! we would love to, but it'll probably be in 12 years or whenever we get our house paid off.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
That's great! Our local grocery store put solar panels on the roof--over 600 of them (it's a huge store). They generate so much power that they just got a $160,000 rebate check from the power company. Maybe you should consider putting 530 more panels on your house??? :D

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
My husband would love to install solar power. He also has looked into wind turbines. It's just so expensive and since we have free natural gas, we really don't have much in the way of utility bills. I'm sure as costs come down, he'll go for it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I'd love to build a place that has both solar and wind power, so we'd never have to deal with an electric company! I'd like to look in geothermal heating and cooling, as well.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I'd like to but haven't really look into in. My brother just put in a geothermal system. Haven't talked to him to see if he like it yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts