Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend with Shane, my sister, and two of our friends. My sister has never been, so I am teaching her. We have a 92 inch base up at sunrise, with tons of fresh packed powder from a winter storm that came through here last weekend, so it should be great!

Any other winter sports junkies in here?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I'm into winter sports. We night ski at a local area on Fridays and I like to Ski Gore or Whiteface (Adirondacks NY) when I can on weekends. We are having a great snow year and sadly I'm not taking as much advantage of it as years ago. I still go ice skating every week purely out of habit.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm into winter sports. We night ski at a local area on Fridays and I like to Ski Gore or Whiteface (Adirondacks NY) when I can on weekends. We are having a great snow year and sadly I'm not taking as much advantage of it as years ago. I still go ice skating every week purely out of habit.
You know, I have never been at night, but have heard it is so fun! Our park offers that as well, and one of these days (or nights rather) I will get up there and give it a go. Ice skating though...that is too fun! Good for you :) I haven't done that in YEARS!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I've always wanted to go snowboarding!!! Maybe I'll have to go find some friends who will go with me lol

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Have fun and be careful! SU dislocated her kneecap last weekend skiing in Tahoe. Sigh. It's going to be a long, cranky road to recovery. Hopefully she won't need surgery.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Have fun and be careful! SU dislocated her kneecap last weekend skiing in Tahoe. Sigh. It's going to be a long, cranky road to recovery. Hopefully she won't need surgery.
That Sierra Cement has claimed many a knee. Tahoe is one of my favorite destinations for winter fun. I hope SU recovers nicely.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Those were my favorite ski spots when I lived in NY. My cousins still ski there. Brings back some good memories! My first time skiing was on Gore. I'm actually from Corinth.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
i loved skiing when i was younger, but i haven't done it in years.. in fact, i've never tried the parabolic skis.. my knees don't have the bounce they used to.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love downhill skiing, but have not been this year - do not trust ankle just yet.
What happened to your ankle??? Sorry to hear that...Nathan, I too have disclocated my knee snowboarding, and it is oh so painful! One of the worst pains of my life, right up there with a broken rib. Try and keep that in mind when she gets cranky ;) Lol! Well wishes to her.

I have never been to any of the parks on the east coast, and I would love to try some of them out at some point, and NY sounds like fun :) Well, packing up the car, so I will catch up with you all Monday!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.