Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are supposed to leave tomorrow for our annual BMW Z3/Z4 car cruise in Highlands, NC. This is our 9th year and is our highlight trip of the year. We meet up with about 35 other owners and spend several days driving the wonderfully twisty roads in the mountains of NC, GA and TN. The cruise is affectionately dubbed the "Eat, Drive, Eat, Drive, Drink, Eat, Drink Cruise." :D No mixing of driving and drinking but we intersperse food throughout!

Now for the...hopefully part of the story.

This car...

Likes these roads...

Not this...

The tires I'm running are extreme performance tires - they are amazing on dry and wet surfaces but crap on snow. The rubber is so soft you can almost see the tread they leave behind in tight corners - they trade tread for traction.

Unfortunately, it has been snowing here since early morning - was supposed to switch to rain but we are now at about a foot of snow! :(

I've plowed once so far - wet, slushy snow - and will have to plow again tonight or tomorrow. Then, I have to hope that they are able to clear the roads enough so I can limp the Z3 about 25 miles south where they have no snow at all. So, we're not sure if we'll be able to leave with our group of friends who live in southern PA or will have to wait another day and try to make a hard run to NC. :(

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Sounds like great fun, Mark :) I hope the snow gets out of your way....it should for a car like that! lol It's hard not to start drooling over the keyboard. Somebody pass me a drool rag!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I hope you're on your way Mark! Be safe and have a wonderful time!

Wave at my family up in the NC mountains when you zip by! ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're about to head out! The temperature has stayed above freezing all night. I plowed about 4 inches of slush off our driveway this morning - our roads are wet but OK for me to get the Z3 out - it will be filthy but we'll be on our way!! :D

I just dropped Daisy and Charlie off at the kennel - I hate that part of our trips. :(

See you all next week!!

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
have a fun, safe trip!! Looking forward to seeing your pics upon your return.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
*so jealous*

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Have fun!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts