Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted recently about my cat, Charles, not doing well, and today I had to make the decision to put him to sleep. :( We finally got a diagnosis on him, intestinal lymphoma, and there was nothing that could be done. His quality of life was gone, so my little kitty left the world at 4:30 today. He was the sweetest cat anyone could ask for and was dog-like in many ways. He and the dogs were best friends...they were always playing together and cuddling. I adopted him in July 2007, and I wish I had had him longer. Godspeed, Charles, you will be missed. :'(

I just wanted to share some pics of him...it just helps me grieve, I think.

Here he is right after I adopted him:

On his cat house

Sleeping

After he was home the first time he was sick, he and Pickles were inseparable (none of these were posed). Last night they slept together in the dog bed...I wish I had taken a pic of it...

Charles and Schatzi

Just some of Charles

And Charles' last pic

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a little of his story: we don't know how old Charles was, although we guessed him to be middle-aged. Someone dumped him in a feral cat colony and he didn't do too well out there - his face is a result of injuries he incurred. Someone was kind enough to rescue him and take him to a shelter, and he spent the next 2 years in foster homes. He finally went to one of the Petsmart adoption centers, where we found him. Pickles was in puppy class there and every week we'd go by the cats. Something about him caught my eye, and after seeing him there for several weeks, I had to meet him. On the day that Pickles graduated puppy obedience, we went in to meet Charles. He walked right up, rubbed on Pickles (a rambunctious 6 month lab mix puppy), and jumped on my lap, purring. I knew then that he was coming home with us. And ever since then he's been part of the family, a constant shadow, always by my side. He could play bitey-face with the dogs and win, and he won the hearts of many non-cat people with his personality. He was truly a special cat.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i'm so sorry. it doesn't matter if you know it's the right thing. it's still always a hard decision. :(

Godspeed charles.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I am sorry.

Godspeed Charles

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Charles. I am glad he finally found a home with you. Godspeed Charles.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I'm so sorry. :( (((HUGS)))

1 - 20 of 30 Posts