Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it work for you? It is a great feature but when I hit it it just goes to the original post.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Not only that, but the preview pane has disappeared for me. (I guess that is what it is called.) You know when you hover the mouse over the title of a post and you can see the first sentence or so of the post. Gone.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Does it work for you? It is a great feature but when I hit it it just goes to the original post.
Not only that, but the preview pane has disappeared for me. (I guess that is what it is called.) You know when you hover the mouse over the title of a post and you can see the first sentence or so of the post. Gone.
Both work for me. I must be speshul. :angel:

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
This thingy:

No, that is the go to last post. The go to new post is at the top of the page next to the private messages and FAQ. It just says new post. That works fine for me.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I knew that. I was just testing ya. :eyebrows:
Oh, THAT! I had what you were talking about confused with "go to first unread response". I thought a feature was added that I missed somehow! LOL. OK, back to the original question- I remember trying that soon after the up grade and not liking the result. Can't remember what happened now, tho.

ETA- OK, I tried it. Now I remember what I didn't like about it- it shows all new posts, not the ones in the sub forum you're in.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If you are not logged in there are a few things that no longer work.. the hover over a ink to see the first few words, the quick navigation link at the bottom and a few others. They used to work maybe a week ago

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I sent the mods a PM Tuesday. He couldn't duplicate it and asked if I was still having the problem. I told him that I was. I am going to send him the link to this thread.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yup, I'm on it! Trying to figure out what's going on... For those of you experiencing this problem - can you confirm that it is happening when you are logged in? I can only reproduce it when I am not logged in; when I go to the "What's New" and click the button
it takes me to the correct post...

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I am logged in, and it doesn't work for me. After posting in a thread, it also takes me to the original post (it used to take me to the last post).

ETA . . . it does work from "What's New", just doesn't work when you are in a specific forum.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
(1) Logged in
(2) Whats new? Works fine, shows all threads that are new or have replies since I last read the thread.
(3) New Posts: Same as What's new?
(4) For both, 'Go to first unread reply' doesn't work. Just openes at the top of the thread.
(5) If a few threads are read, and New Posts, or What's New? is hit again, the posts that have been read, without newer replies do show up, but the 'Go to first unread reply' button is not there.

And that is what happens on the three machines I tried it on here.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
View First Unread works for me. I'm logged in. Also, if there are no new replies, the View First Unread option is gone, but that makes sense - there are no first unread posts to go to. But maybe I misunderstood Ed's #5.

Make sure the page is fully loaded before you hit the View First Unread link. If it's not completely loaded, you just flash back to the top. If you click it again when it's done, then you'll go to the right spot. (At least the few times I've tried it, that's how it works. I can't speak to What's New or New Posts - I don't use those.)

·
Registered
149 Posts
"Go to first new post" does work for me when logged in, but there is about a 5 second delay. When I click on it, it takes me to the original post and after a few seconds, redirects to the first new post.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Update: I applied some patches early this morning which should fix this issue - please let me know if you continue to have this issue 24 hours from now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts