Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Great to be a Florida Gator :)

We live in Ohio now so another interesting championship game headed our way. All of our neighbors are huge Ohio State fans :) Oh well, the flags are hanging up outside and we have our shirts and hats ready to go for Monday.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
sawyersammy said:
LOL...T. Lynn can't afford him! ;)
UK can (that's who I was talking about). Money won't be the deciding factor, Florida or Kentucky will pay him whatever he wants, it'll be up to him where he wants to coach. I can't see him leaving, but there's a million rumors floating around and he isn't doing much to squash the speculation that he'll leave Florida. I guess well find out probably sometime next week where he wants to coach.

No matter where he goes, I bet next year he'll be the highest, or one of the top few, paid college coaches in America.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(I meant T. Lynn Williamson, as in the UK President.) ;)

Yeah, it's hard to tell what he'll do. I did hear something over the weekend about Donovan's in-laws recently moving to Gainesville, so maybe they're really settled there....at least for now.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
i agree...go gators!!!!

...only so we can rub it in our district manager's face that ohio state lost :p

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
sawyersammy said:
(I meant T. Lynn Williamson, as in the UK President.) ;)

Yeah, it's hard to tell what he'll do. I did hear something over the weekend about Donovan's in-laws recently moving to Gainesville, so maybe they're really settled there....at least for now.
That's not the president...that's Lee Todd, Jr. His predecessor was Charles Wethington. I'm an alum of UK, but I had to look up T. Lynn Williamson and I'm not sure how is name is being circulated - he's the Associate General Counsel of UK.

If I were a Gators fan, I'd be more worried about the NBA snatching him up. Assuming they win tonight (which I think they will), I don't know what else he'd like to accomplish at the college level after winning back-to-back championships unless he thinks he can establish a Wooden-like dynasty. I'm not sure you can do that nowadays.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My mistake, Nick. Long story about why I was thinking T. Lynn....not worth the time actually.

Anyway....GO GATORS! ;D

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
sawyersammy said:
My mistake, Nick. Long story about why I was thinking T. Lynn....not worth the time actually.

Anyway....GO GATORS! ;D
Ok...works for me. I was just thrown off because I hadn't heard of the guy so I thought maybe you were talking about another school interested in Billy.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah...I've got it. The company I used to work for is/was doing business with UK and he was our contact and the lead on the project. It was bothering me. lol

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I assume you're watching the game now? This has to go down as one of the all-time great teams in college basketball. I think this Florida team deserves the real "Fab Five" title...especially since Michigan cheated. Pat Forde of ESPN had a good commentary on that.
The Real Fab Five

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
If I were a Gators fan, I'd be more worried about the NBA snatching him up. Assuming they win tonight (which I think they will), I don't know what else he'd like to accomplish at the college level after winning back-to-back championships unless he thinks he can establish a Wooden-like dynasty. I'm not sure you can do that nowadays.
He'd be crazy to leave Florida for another college - he's really only got one way to go... down. Staying at Florida he can just ride the wave of these championships as long as he continues to bring in good recruits. At another college, if he doesn't produce a championship, he's failed.

Really did wanna see Ohio St win last night though - Oden and Conley are from Indianapolis plus you have to stick with your conference and I'm an IU girl from way back. Had to roll my eyes though when Thad called a time-out at 1:20 left, down by 12. If you're not hitting 3's, you're not mounting a 12-point comeback that quickly, no way. I didn't see Reggie Miller anywhere.

Congratulations, Gators!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts