Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you sell camp or trail coffee pots in your store? I'm looking for an enamel coffee pot for in my house. All I can find are huge ones, like I have for camp, or 8 cup which is too small. I'm having a hard time finding what I want. There seems to be a lot of blue ones, I'd like charcoal color. Do you know where I should look? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
joflake said:
Do you sell camp or trail coffee pots in your store? I'm looking for an enamel coffee pot for in my house. All I can find are huge ones, like I have for camp, or 8 cup which is too small. I'm having a hard time finding what I want. There seems to be a lot of blue ones, I'd like charcoal color. Do you know where I should look? Thanks!
Last time we ordered we could only get 32 cup, (green, white, blue and red) and the small ones (8 cup in red and 12 in blue and green)

I have no idea on the grey/charcoal ones, our supplier mad one run of grey plates, cups and bowls and them quit making them cause they said they didn't sell well. I sold out on them quickly. Even raked the rep over the coals about a year ago over it, he said he's see what he could do. (The grey with white speckles is the most common from the 19th century.)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,889 Posts
what up delmonico ? :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
storyteller said:
what up delmonico ? :laugh:
We had a bunch a snow today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,170 Posts
Graniteware still makes them, but only in blue:

http://graniteware.com/

Check your camping stores, they will sometimes carry them, but a lot of the enamelware you see now is made in China and pretty poorly made. Small mom and pop hardware stores are also a good place to look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
kaisdad said:
Graniteware still makes them, but only in blue:

http://graniteware.com/

Check your camping stores, they will sometimes carry them, but a lot of the enamelware you see now is made in China and pretty poorly made. Small mom and pop hardware stores are also a good place to look.
The stuff we sell is made in Mexico and is better than the stuff that comes out of China.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
I've been searching all the places I could think of, nothing. Did find this place, some interesting stuff, just not grey.

http://gotta-gitta-gift.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
kaisdad said:
I've seen lots of black with white specks, but I don't think I've seen grey.
I've got a few pieces, but it's real old stuff. The guy who's working with me right now has found a pld coffee pot in nice shape that is also. I thought I had a picture of it somewhere, but can't remember where I put it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
delmonico said:
kaisdad said:
I've seen lots of black with white specks, but I don't think I've seen grey.
I've got a few pieces, but it's real old stuff.  The guy who's working with me right now has found a old coffee pot in nice shape that is also.  I thought I had a picture of it somewhere, but can't remember where I put it.
Ok, I thought it was from Ft. Hartsuff I had the picture, instead it was at the Hollenburg Kansas Pony Express station.



Kind of a neat gadget one of the blacksmith's made to pour it.  Oscar's into gadgets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
My big pot is white, makes it easier to clean the inside under kerosene lantern light, I also have two 20 cups ones, blue and green and a blue 8 cup one incase someone brings some decaf.

 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top