Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need boots that would be accurate (although not to the nth degree -- and I can't afford to spend a mint) for a dairyman circa 1904, eastern Europe (Fiddler on the Roof).

Saw these:

Thoughts? I worry about buying over the 'net and sizing. I'm a 10 1/2 but have a v-e-r-y wide foot. My fear is that I'd get these and be hobbling around onstage.

Any advice? Does your store sell anything like these -- or something that would work equally as well? And if I bought them thru you (if you were willing), could they be shipped (my cost) and, more important, could I get a certain width??

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Dan, what is the price on those? Also do they come in wide and are the tops leather?

We got some stuff similar, not sure what the catalog has for sure. The one's of that type I sell in my dept start at $139.98. BTW those would be great at stage distance, only thing I see wrong is there is a bit of tread to the heel and maybe the sole, but for what you're doing, so what.

The reason I want to know about the leather tops is if they are a bit to tight just pull them on, step into the bathtub with warm water in it for a few minutes and then wear them till they are dry.:D They will fit fine after that.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Dan I did a search of our on-line catalog and the only thing suitable would be the ones in my dept. Now if you want to go to a George Strait or Brooks and Dunn concert then they can cover it.:D

BTW since I'm gussing yer gonna wear your pants in the boots, don't put them on and try to stuff them in. Instead leave the pant leg down, grab the bottom, pull it around tight and put the boot on, much easier.;)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're a whopping $35. Which leads me to believe they're not leather. But your bathtub trick may work just as well. They ARE supposed to be pretty weather-worn.

They size them at a Medium 10/11 and a Large 12/13. For that price, I may try the Meds, see how they feel, and return them if they're absolute killers and the bathtub trick doesn't work...

Luckily, I WON'T need them for dancing. My most active dancing (heh - I use the term lightly. Not exactly Fred Astaire here) is at the wedding, where I'll be in a more formal shoe.

Thx for the feedback. I'll let you know how things work out.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW since I'm gussing yer gonna wear your pants in the boots, don't put them on and try to stuff them in. Instead leave the pant leg down, grab the bottom, pull it around tight and put the boot on, much easier.;)

EXCELLENT suggestion!! Thx. I haven't seen any of my costume yet, but I know they're leaning toward loose, balloon pants. I like the idea of getting the boots OVER the pants, rather than trying to stuff the pants INTO the boots.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
If you need any more help I'm here, BTW the boots I wear are $200 a pair, Boulets out of Canada. Great boots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts