Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on much, don't know if you posted, but I'm wondering how he's doing, and if you and Sam go and visit him much.

How's his walking w/Sam, etc. etc.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
We were very lucky. Instead of staying at Sam's Brother's house, Apollo is staying with Sam and the ferrets at Sam's Aunt and Uncle's house. They are doing GREAT. Apollo hasn't peed himself when we put the leash on him in TWO WEEKS! No more yelping and screaming on walks, at all! Sam is around apollo much more then I am (I am staying at my mom's house) and they've had a great chance to bond. Apollo has learned FOUR new commands (easy, take it, stay, wait a minute). He's having SOOO much fun with Sam. He's even started to initiate fetch with Sam! Its great! He's started acting like a dog ever since we moved to St. Louis. He plays fetch, he'll bark sometimes, he'll even growl a little if he's angry. We are thrilled about his turn around. We are still gunna take him to a trainer asap, but things are going absolutely WONDERFUL. Apollo loves to go on car rides with Sam and Apollo sleeps in his crate without peeing himself and laying in it! We are soooo happy.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awesome news!! I'm so glad things are working out and that he is "coming out of his shell."

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apollopuppy said:
Your welcome. :D It means alot to know you are thinking about us and apollo's progress. Thanks! ;D
:)
I was very concerned about him....after being rehomed 3 or 4 times.
You and Sam have done so much for him. Seems like he's such a happy dog now. (I wonder if he misses his ferret/cat brothers and sisters, or maybe he enjoys being the only child LOL)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Well he gets to see the ferrets (they are staying with Sam and Apollo in the same house) but the cats (who are in a different location) are definitly reacting to not being around apollo. Musashi (the former psycho cat) is FLIPPING OUT and biting Sam's dad. I think once we get him around apollo he'll calm down again (just like he did when we brought apollo home several months ago).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts