Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at least when it comes to my dogs. I got a great screen thingy where I can leave the door open for them to go in and out. They love going in and out on the days I work from home. Zoe zoomed through it the very first time. Zena after about 2 times of showing her through myself. The boys....well let's just say they are still wondering if it's going to attack them. :p Must be the male gene in wanting to figure out how things work and are made. Anyway, here is what I got and I highly recommend it if you love keeping your door open and the bugs out.
http://www.bugoffscreen.com/index.shtml

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
That's really cool, sandy.. if i had a fence, i'd try that.

Once, in early spring, i'd leave the patio doors open so tuck could go in and out as he pleased.. but all he'd do is run out, grab a stick, drag it back in and chew it in the family room. Drove me batty.

I had to put a stop to that.. dragging everything outside, in.

=)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
that looks really cool! inexpensive, too. I like to keep the door open for the dogs but hate the flies.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've had those for about five years now. Luke and Jake have no problem going out them :)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zoe brought me 2 moles inside last summer. one dead and one alive.

sharon; your boys are just smarter...and they are even "blonde"!!! heehee!

·
Registered
233 Posts
zoe brought me 2 moles inside last summer. one dead and one alive.

sharon; your boys are just smarter...and they are even "blonde"!!! heehee!
I don't think smart is a word I've ever used in the same sentence with either Jake or Luke LOL

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Sandy - do you know if these 'screens' work on a propped open, traditional, exterior doorway? Or is it just for sliders/patio doors? I can't seem to tell from the website.

And yes, girls are much smarter then boys. In both the canine and human worlds.;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sandy - do you know if these 'screens' work on a propped open, traditional, exterior doorway? Or is it just for sliders/patio doors? I can't seem to tell from the website.

And yes, girls are much smarter then boys. In both the canine and human worlds.;)
Anne, you can get them for sliders, but I have two of them for regular exterior doors.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Neat idea! We have a doggie door from the screen porch door to the backyard. The problem is you have to let Jazzy and the Beags out the back door from the kitchen onto the porch first. Somedays I feel like all I do is act as their personal doorman!:p This sounds like a winning solution.:)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neat idea! We have a doggie door from the screen porch door to the backyard. The problem is you have to let Jazzy and the Beags out the back door from the kitchen onto the porch first. Somedays I feel like all I do is act as their personal doorman!:p This sounds like a winning solution.:)
Yep; or letting flies in if I left it open!!

Anne, yes I have the two door scenario you are talking about with my storm door propped open. Works fine, the screen hangs in the center of them. I'll try to get a pic later.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Oooh..I like that netting! We have a doggie door so the girls can go in and out as they please, but I want the netting to keep flies out when we're out on the patio and have the sliding doors open.

·
Registered
233 Posts
FYI....We got our first pair off of that website. When we moved out-of-state, we threw them out. We moved back to Florida we saw them at Lowes and bought them there.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here ya go, Anne. Yogi-Princess has to go out on the side rather than through the middle; they prefer that way.

and from the outside looking in:

and just for you, the Yogi-Princess getting caught digging for a mole after I yelled, "get out of there". LOL

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
hmm.. three dogs.. i could do three..

wait.. what the hell am i saying?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts