Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carol and Remi ... Notice the smug look on their faces?

One of our better days of the season. We've been "iced out" for almost a week now. Finally began breaking up this morning. As of an hour ago our ponds are now almost all open water. This is what It looked like at 8:30 this morning when I went out in the Jon boat, push poling my way to the first retrieve so Cappy would have an open water lane to swim in. If you look closely you can see where I had gone out about 50 yards and made a U-turn back to the blind.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey Jim when is hunting season over? Your dawgs sure do love their hunting excursions, and the ladies are very proud of their days catch.
Do you mean in our hearts or on the calendar? ;)

Sunday, January 24th is the last day of season. :(

Cappy, Remi and I "hunt" almost every day, year around. 9 months are with bumpers of at least one session per day, 3 months with ducks and geese.

If you had a husband with a burning passion and insatiable appetite for something other than you, wouldn't you want it to be with your Labs and hunting?

:p

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
WTG Carol and Remi!! You had a great day.
Jim - the pictures are beautiful! The second one looks like it belongs in a magazine. You all have had a lot of ice this year. Is it normally this cold at your place? I know our Dec and Jan have been unseasonably cold this year with a lot more rain and snow. Happy hunting - ducks or bumpers! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.