Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it bugged me more and more that my friend had been so weird about the cookie thing so I called him. As somebody who avoids confrontation like the plague, this was a big mature step for me but frankly I was kinda irked over the whole thing. Apparently I should have left it alone.

Turns out it was all about the money and nothing to do with his kid at all. While trying to explain why he thought the kid was getting shortchanged by my refusal to accept actual cookies, he made a crack about how I ordered $25 worth so he guessed the recession was getting to everybody. I asked him if he didn't think that was a reasonable amount since I had just ordered magazines from her in Jan. or Feb., and he started fumbling and said that he was just pretty surprised that we hadn't supported her more.

It is clear that he hasn't seen just how low my level of support can drop.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Wow - that's even more rude than his original explaination! Go find a nice grateful kid to support if you want to donate, Robin!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Sounds like this guy is begging to be taken off your friends list and added to your ignore list! What a jerk.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
OMG - he's complaining because you offered his daughter $25 of PURE profit? Well, he's certainly taught a lesson to his daughter now - how to LOSE business FAST.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Sounds like this guy is begging to be taken off your friends list and added to your ignore list! What a jerk.
Bahahahaha!

Yes, I agree. This guy is not acting appropriately for the situation. Too bad too, because it sounds like you have tried to be incredibly supportive of his daughter. What is he, a cookie pusher?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Turns out it was all about the money
I don't understand, If was all about the money then he should have been happy that you wanted to give $25 cash. No? Or was he expecting more?

What an assbag.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She's a nice kid so I'll send the $25 this year but that's going to be it. I've got a feeling that by cookie season next year, we won't be seeing as much of this guy.

The whole thing is just plain weird. We do pretty well but it's not like we've got Bill Gates money or anything. The being treated like an ATM that won't spit out enough money is pretty annoying. And whatever happened to just saying thank you?

I should have left it alone. I was just irked before and now I'm all the way to pissed off.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If twenty five dollars is his idea of being a low supporter, I wonder what dream world he lives in.

That's too bad he's ruining her experience like that.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I would have shoved the cookies up his ass and let him explain it to his daughter.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
He's got a point. At $25, you're not even going to get the tote bag, never mind the "Girl Scout Brain Fitness" DVD set or taxidermy badge home instruction set.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still have my taxidermy badge from my own years as a girl scout. Poor Jingles never really knew what hit him.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts