Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our elderly (85) neighbor lady who lives alone calls us several times a week or more for help with different things. Tonight she called and asked if there might have been an accident that let animals loose. She said a giraffe looking animal was walking around her back yard. I think it might be time to talk with her daughter who lives in DC. Twice this week she used the riding mower and got it stuck on a small bank. I can't imagine what she might have seen outside. It must be hard when all the family lives so far away.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
*screams like nick*

<whispers>i have a small giraffe phobia</whispers>

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Good to know Kel, good to know...snicker! Linda, that is so hard - but yes do contact her family...they might not know it's getting that bad since they're not there day to day! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I would definitely try to contact her family.

And Linda - I just want to say that you may not realize how much your helping this lady means to her and her family. My grandfather is 92 and lives alone about 5 1/2 hours from me. I am the closest family he has. I go back to see him every month.

He has several neighbors that check on him regularly. Even having someone to talk to for just five minutes is invaluable to him. I am very grateful to these nice people who take a few minutes out of their day to help him or check on him. And I urge them to contact me if they start to see anything that concerns them.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's really sad. :'(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts