Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I brought Gin to a match today in hopes of 'seeing' where we're at...I wanted to run her in Rally and also in Novice.

She did a STELLAR job in both!

In Rally she sailed through the novice course, with a 97 because I did a sign wrong, so we thought we'd try Advanced, and she was OK off lead, not real confident, but gave it a great effort and scored a 91...a few points off for lagging (which showed me she wasn't entirely confident, she's not a lagger at all!), and not returning exactly to heel position on the finish left. She also was sent for her first jump (wasn't sure if she'd take it, but she did with a little coaxing).

She surprised me in the Novice exercises though with a 192 and first place in her Novice class. She was great with the onlead heeling and PERFECT offlead. So I guess that tells me something about her rally offlead, like maybe I just need to shut up and walk!

She actually stood for her exam, and did a perfect finish left...much more confident in the obedience ring than the rally ring. Weird! Guess we need to work on rally!

I'll have to get pictures of Gin with her loot, and Ruby's loot (we ran in Open and she got a 164, and 4th place (obviously not a qualifying score, but they scored everyone) with no dumbell issues at all. She was very sloppy on her broad jump (actually we tried it over because it was attrocious) but hung in for her sits and downs out of sight!

All in all, proud of the ladies today! Maybe I'll enter Ruby in the upcoming specialty ROFL, as if!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Congratulations! It sounds like you and your crew are on your way!!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Good job!!!!

I am taking Jed to a Rally match this Sunday to see how he's doing. I did alot of "cramming" on his "stand stay" to get him ready for his conformation shows this past weekend, so I am going to have to remind him about fronts and sits again.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Yay!! Go Gin!! :D

You ARE coming to T'burg... right?? ;)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure Kate, its very far, almost 4 hours, and last time I got very lost.

I might come one day, but she's not ready for obedience. So probably just conformation.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Way to go Gin!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts