Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think? (she's just blown all her coat, starting to grow back)

Comments and critiques always welcome!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I think Gin is one fine looking girl. I hope you are planning something special for her birthday.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
What a lovely girl, even minus the coat! :)
She looks like she's got a lot of bone, have you shown her yet? I can't remember.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ed! The whole litter (except for two or three) are getting together for a day of swimming and playing! I can't wait!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What a lovely girl, even minus the coat! :)
She looks like she's got a lot of bone, have you shown her yet? I can't remember.
Actually she could use just a smidge more bone to compensate for such a huge, deep body.

Gin is 78lbs as of this morning.

She's been shown a couple times, but no points. She is too big for the puppy classes, and too clumsy, the last few shows I've had her in she did much better (with a few large class wins) in Bred By. Her time will come, I'd say at 3 or 4 she'll come into herself, and move as cleanly in the ring as I've seen her move in the yard.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Sweet baby picture of her! She is a big girl, huh? Daisy is 7 months and about 58#. Daisy could use more bone too, but she's nicely balanced. Right now Daisy is klutz on the move, but she moved nice when she was younger, and I can it at times too. I think Daisy will do well as 2-3 year old. We'll see. I'm glad to hear Gin has had some nice wins in the bred-by, that is awesome!

·
Registered
806 Posts
She looks good, but I'd love to see a free-baited shot of her. She looks a tad frumpy (is that a word? lol) in this one. I like her head though...I know you were worried about it for a while there.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I like her head...

Is 78# a good weight for her? I know with Juniper, when she was 70# and being shown, every stinkin' judge commented that she was fat. But with Grace, she looks her BEST at 70#. So it's very subjective for each dog. So I was just curious.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
She such a pretty girl! I can't believe she's almost 1 year old! Wow time flies by so fast!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nicole, she was almost pointing at the helicopters over belle isle, so she stood herself, I'd have to have someone over to get a free baited shot, which I hope to get at the party on Saturday.

78 is a good weight for her, she has a definite waist. She seems to be like her mother though, after a season she has a good deal of 'boobage' always has, so I assume that's the extra under there. Ruby's weight can go from 75-80, but Gin has the height on her side. She's over 22 1/2" tall.

Hmmm frumpy, no idea how to take that one, she's solid, muscular, fast as a speeding bullet, very active girl. She's well toned in the flesh, even if its not showing well in photos. But if frumpy is all the negative anyone can muster, I guess I'll take it.

Here's one from earlier this week, she's the dog on the left, definite waist, especially when compared to the other dog ;)

and two weeks ago, definite tuck there

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hmmm frumpy, no idea how to take that one, she's solid, muscular, fast as a speeding bullet, very active girl. She's well toned in the flesh, even if its not showing well in photos. But if frumpy is all the negative anyone can muster, I guess I'll take it.
Didn't mean frumpy in a negative way at all...sorry, guess when I make up words I'll have to be more careful ;) I simply meant she's standing there with no animation...no tail, head down. Yes she's four square, but I don't think the picture does her justice, at least to truly comment on. I've seen her in person and she was nice....hence my interest in seeing a more "up" shot.

I agree that correct weight has to do with both height and substance, she doesn't look like she's carrying any extra weight to me.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL Nicole, I googled frumpy, thats why I assumed it was negative! This is what I got

frumpy
1. A female with lack of concern for appearance. Often characterized by sweatpants, frizzy hair, gramma panties and a paisty complexion.
*****. I don't pay you to dress all frumpy. Now go put on some heels and do with something that hair.
get this def on a mug
by Elroy Fitz Jan 31, 2004 share this
2. frumpy
adj; clothing style that usually consists of bagging, careless slothing i.e. sweatpants, large baggy t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.
i woke up late so i dressed frumpy today.
get this def on a mug

I'll get a better shot this weekend, hopefully of the littermates too!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yeah...that's not really what I was going for. I'll be more careful with my creative vocab usage.

"*****. I don't pay you to dress all frumpy. Now go put on some heels and do with something that hair." LOL

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't you totally want that on a mug?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts