Just Labradors banner

Gift for Grandma's 80th Birthday?

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  justine 
#1 ·
My Grandma turns 80 next month and we are trying to think of something really nice to get/make her.

She's really crafty, but has one of everything and we are stuck on what to get her.

I was thinking of making a big "scrapbook" style shadow box with pictures of the family and things of that sort, but that's about the only idea I can come up with.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

#6 ·
I think you have two great ideas already in the thread. A family photo, and a visit with as many family members as you can gather. And don't hold back on sending any that can't make it on a major guilt trip.

#8 ·
I have done a couple of memory books in the past year. They are so much fun to do. I sat down and started writing lists of the things the person likes throughout their life, then began collecting information from the year they were born. For example my husband turned 50 last year, so i did his book with everything from 1959, i had over 100 pages of info and pics from that year. There was information on our city from that year, sports events both amateur and professional, lists of top movies, music, news stories, lists of the cost of groceries/homes/cars, pictures of food advertising, old tv's, radios, the lists are endless. We made him a CD of the top 20 songs as well. I did another one for a friend that was born in 1949 too. He just loved it and it was a real conversation piece too. You can choose how ever you want to do it too. I used photo paper for the pictures and printed alot of the info directly from websites, then put it all in catagories and put it all in a photo album. I used one of those old type albums with the sticky pages.

#9 ·
We did the familly get together, party/gathering, when my Grandmother turned 80- it was so much fun for us and her. We had everyone bring a special picture they had of her/ with her, a special time they shared etc. Then after the event we put them all together in a memory book! She cherished that book tell the day she died:love:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.