Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rocky was just diagnosed with Giardia. he had it awhile back and I am guessing we simply didn't get it all.

Should I stay away from flyball practices to avoid infecting other dogs? I am going to pass this by my "coach" but my gut is I need to stay away.

I feel horrible, I was pet sitting last weekend and no poor Niki needs to be tested.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Well, it can only be passed through feces. So, unless he poops at flyball class...?

When Angus had giardia the vet told us there was no need to keep him out. I can't remember now if I kept him home or not. ??? I suppose there is always the off-chance another dog could lick his behind and catch it that way?

I would ask your vet, I think.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vet said it was best to stay home for a month (just leashed walks and such). No pet store so I assume that means on classes either? I can call them and confirm.

I'll probably ask the group (flyball) as it's their dogs' at "risk" but if they are no sharing water bowls and licking each other I do'nt see an issue. But the one gal who "may" have caught it (while I was dog sitting last weekend) is going to be kept back until they know for sure (she isn't going to practice).??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts