Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you get the car you wanted for Christmas? ....and did it have a giant bow on it, like the commercials? :)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I did. It's a 2010 Nissan 370Z, platinum graphite with a cool persimmon leather interior. I did the negotiating at the dealership but my husband told them beforehand to tell me that they would have to order it, and then it was in the driveway Christmas morning.

Actually he got a license plate holder made that says "Robin's Z" on it and wrapped that. I thought that was it since the car was supposed to take weeks, and then he did the maybe you should look in the driveway thing. It had a tiny bow cause he said he wasn't spending $100 on a bow. It was kind of hard to ***** about that.

As my brother said when he saw it, "apparently incessant nagging actually does pay off".

It's awesome. I'd post a picture but then I'd have to learn how to actually do that.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CONGRATS!!! Your husband sounds very sweet. :)

Oh come on! I want to see pics!!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
He is sweet. He also knows that I can be merciless and sometimes it's just better to give up and give in.

I will work on the picture thing. My problem is that I post them so infrequently that I have to relearn how to do it every time.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What? Platinum graphite is a color? I thought it was part of the model car or something. ....and what the hell is persimmon?
*shrugs*
:)

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Nice car and I love the color you have chosen! I think they have done a great job with the 370. Be sure to post up pics! :)

We have a 350Z and love it. It is just TOO much fun although it is currently tucked away for the winter months. (summer tires and snow don't mix).

At Summit Point race track...

In hibernation...:D

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Thanks for the link, Bob.

Yes, persimmon is a color. It is also known as "kind of orangey". I wasn't sure about it but it looks great in person. Very sporty.

I am now very popular with 22 year old boys in parking lots. I never come out of the grocery store without some kid peering into it. I think they're pretty disappointed that some 45 year old woman owns it. I can tell you, I'd have done a lot better with the boys when I was younger if I'd had the brains to have a car like this back then.

Dave, mine is also tucked away right now. The garage door spring broke and it's taken a week to get a new one. I can't get the car out so I just go out and sit in it and try to figure out how all the cool gadgets work.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Dave, mine is also tucked away right now. The garage door spring broke and it's taken a week to get a new one. I can't get the car out so I just go out and sit in it and try to figure out how all the cool gadgets work.
How frustrating! You bought it at the best time though. We bought ours in the winter too when sales of these cars are slow.

Roll on the Spring! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.