Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arghhh will he ever lay down!!

Alfie doesnt seem to know how to relax, he has had a 3 hr walk today. I went down horse field and then walked him along some fields where he played with a black lab all the time, went bk to the horse field and while we picked up horse poop one of us was constantly kicking a football for him. Then we went to the park as my sons school is there and he needed to be picked up so while we waited he had a good 20 mins with his chuck it.

In the house he lays on the mat but fidgets, you look at him and he gets up, you move and he follows (which is normal for labs isnt it?) but he sleeps for 5 mins and has to wonder about the house.

Is this normal or are their some relaxing exercises I can do with him?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
you move and he follows (which is normal for labs isnt it?)
Absolutely!

Is this new behavior?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jzgrlduff said:
you move and he follows (which is normal for labs isnt it?)
Absolutely!

Is this new behavior?
Relatively new maybe been doing it a few weeks, maybe exercise isnt enough for him. I stopped going to his gundog lessons a couple of months back as Im getting bigger plus we never did anything new :whatever: so plan on doing something different when baby arrives. Maybe he needs the brain work?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
How old is Alfie?

Teddy was like that til he hit 3....he's been a couch potato ever since. He still likes to play and enjoys exercise, but he's content to lay on the couch otherwise.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allie said:
How old is Alfie?

Teddy was like that til he hit 3....he's been a couch potato ever since. He still likes to play and enjoys exercise, but he's content to lay on the couch otherwise.
He will be 2 in April

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's exactly when Frankie calmed down, and Tucker. "3" is the magic number! LOL I hope it's not that long for Goldens though. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jzgrlduff said:
That's exactly when Frankie calmed down, and Tucker. "3" is the magic number! LOL I hope it's not that long for Goldens though. :crazy:
Oh by Jesus! lol I thought its because he is field bred and they are bred "for endurance", he always seems to be on the go

·
Registered
703 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
No, it's not that long for Goldens, thank god. At least, not in my experience. Probably about a year to a year and a half.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts