Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a site that I can store my dogs Genealogy (family tree) at? I have been searching his pedigree, and have many generations back. I want to be able to database it, without using excel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick response. That would work, except I have about 10 generations back at least, so would need something that can handle that. Any other options?

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Not a site but a file you can store on a computer and print out any part of.

Try googling the term genogram.

Genograms are much used in family therapy to diagram a person's geneology as well as notate distinctive characteristics, traits, relationships (marriages, children, divorces, significant events, conflicts, alliances, etc.). While they'll be much more detailed than you'd need, I think they can go back an infinite distance.

There are several computer programs that facilitate making these.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Since we do have some FB fans here, you might check geni.com

On line family tree, peeps, but I see know reason you couldn't do it for any animal.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have always been fascinated by my family tree. Find it very interesting. I started, with my dogs Pedigree, and then started seeing how far I could run with it. I am missing some details, but able to find some of his family back to 1870's. A lot of inbreeding going early on. Also interesting to see the champions that went way back. Once I go as far as I can go, gonna do search for pics. My dog has a lot of different countries that I am finding his info in, just a lot of neat info out there.

Power of the internet, never know what you can find. Have any of you done this to see how many generations you can go back?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts