Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
You have come such a long way with your weight loss!!! CONGRATS.

Please tell me again how you done that.
It's my own "special" diet. I don't eat ANYTHING white, NEVER! Bread, flour, sugars, starch, potato, which means only green vegies, fruit and lean meats. Boring, but it works :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gene said:
MidwestGirl said:
You have come such a long way with your weight loss!!! CONGRATS.

Please tell me again how you done that.
It's my own "special" diet. I don't eat ANYTHING white, NEVER! Bread, flour, sugars, starch, potato, which means only green vegies, fruit and lean meats. Boring, but it works :happy:
Ok thanks...yes it sure has worked for you!! Congrats and keep up the good work. I wish I had your will power.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Just want to add that on this diet you NEVER go hungry. You don't need will power at all. Typical day for me: Breakfast is a three or four scrambled eggs, and three slices of bacon (no toast). Lunch is two grilled chicken breasts and a whole can of spinach or green beans. Dinner I'll have a couple 16 oz t-bones, asparagus, and large Ceaser salad with low cal dressing (no croutons).I eat dinner a half hour before bedtime. Don't like to go to bed hungry. :no: Snacks are all the pickles and celery I want. I don't drink the 6-8 glasses of water most diets demand, just diet green tea, black coffee and diet Pepsi. I have been losing 10 lbs a month doing this. Other health benefits: My blood pressure dropped from 157/90 to 120/70. Resting pulse from 72 to 56, and all my bad cholesterol dropped to the correct level or lower :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,489 Posts
Gene said:
Just want to add that on this diet you NEVER go hungry. You don't need will power at all. Typical day for me: Breakfast is a three or four scrambled eggs, and three slices of bacon (no toast). Lunch is two grilled chicken breasts and a whole can of spinach or green beans. Dinner I'll have a couple 16 oz t-bones, asparagus, and large Ceaser salad with low cal dressing (no croutons).I eat dinner a half hour before bedtime. Don't like to go to bed hungry. :no: Snacks are all the pickles and celery I want. I don't drink the 6-8 glasses of water most diets demand, just diet green tea, black coffee and diet Pepsi. I have been losing 10 lbs a month doing this. Other health benefits: My blood pressure dropped from 157/90 to 120/70. Resting pulse from 72 to 56, and all my bad cholesterol dropped to the correct level or lower :happy:
Are you serious? :laugh: a couple 16oz T-bones?
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
joflake said:
Gene said:
Just want to add that on this diet you NEVER go hungry. You don't need will power at all. Typical day for me: Breakfast is a three or four scrambled eggs, and three slices of bacon (no toast). Lunch is two grilled chicken breasts and a whole can of spinach or green beans. Dinner I'll have a couple 16 oz t-bones, asparagus, and large Ceaser salad with low cal dressing (no croutons).I eat dinner a half hour before bedtime. Don't like to go to bed hungry. :no: Snacks are all the pickles and celery I want. I don't drink the 6-8 glasses of water most diets demand, just diet green tea, black coffee and diet Pepsi. I have been losing 10 lbs a month doing this. Other health benefits: My blood pressure dropped from 157/90 to 120/70. Resting pulse from 72 to 56, and all my bad cholesterol dropped to the correct level or lower :happy:
Are you serious? :laugh: a couple 16oz T-bones?
Sure, this is an "all you can eat" diet. Got it from a friend who got from a friend who got from some doctor. Guaranteed to lose 10 lbs a month for six months, as long as you stick to it. That means not even ONE slice of bread or any sweets, pasta, potatoes, etc for half a year. After half a year then you can pick one day a week to eat ANYTHING you want and as much as you want. Even 10,000 calories in one day. Then back to the diet for the next six days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,085 Posts
It's almost South Beach. SB diet's recommendations for meals is "eat until full."

At first, I was like WOO-HOO! EAT 'TIL FULL!! BRING ON THE PLATTERS.

But eventually, when your metabolism kicks in, you find yourself eating a rather sensible meal. Also, the smaller meals throughout the day help as well (SB recommends eating 6x day). But without the extra carbs, it still leads to weight loss. Your body chemistry changes (and the emphasis on fiber helps), such that you're one big furnace, burning everything, including fat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,489 Posts
I have been totally satisfied on SB, not hungry at all, but I couldn't imagine eating two big steaks like that even when I was pigging out. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want such a "diet" eat until you are full. I eat almonds, low fat string cheese, chicken breasts, and salads. What else can I add?

I also eat eggs and whole wheat bread 100% whole wheat flour and it's low sugar.

I haven't lost 1 **** pound :suspious: :ugly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,085 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
I want such a "diet" eat until you are full. I eat almonds, low fat string cheese, chicken breasts, and salads. What else can I add?

I also eat eggs and whole wheat bread 100% whole wheat flour and it's low sugar.

I haven't lost 1 **** pound :suspious: :ugly:
Pistachios. Beef jerky. Steel-cut oatmeal.

Stay the course. You're re-aligning your entire body chem and metabolism. Takes a little while.... HANG IN THERE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dweck said:
MidwestGirl said:
I want such a "diet" eat until you are full. I eat almonds, low fat string cheese, chicken breasts, and salads. What else can I add?

I also eat eggs and whole wheat bread 100% whole wheat flour and it's low sugar.

I haven't lost 1 **** pound :suspious: :ugly:
Pistachios. Beef jerky. Steel-cut oatmeal.

Stay the course. You're re-aligning your entire body chem and metabolism. Takes a little while.... HANG IN THERE!
At this rate I will be dead by the time I lose a pound! :ugly:
thanks ,I am just so frustrated....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
do you like seafood? that's good too as long as it's not breaded and deep fried or drowned in butter. shrimp is high in cholesterol, though, so you have to watch that.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top