Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... has been barking nonstop for the past half hour. It's nearly 11, for the love of... sleep!

Oh lah. I'm sooooo very thankful it doesn't live next door.

I'm sooooo very grateful that Henery is not a barker!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Apollo NEVER barks. If he does bark its cuz there is like a murder outside or something lol! I am staying with my mom and her dog right nwo and HE.....WONT....SHUT....UP!!!!!!!! I wanna tape his mouth shut! He barks if he sees someone outside and he wakes me up right when I fall asleep. I wanna strangle him. Okay, not really, but I DO want him to shut up!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we're spoiled having non-barkers!

Henery will bark if the doorbell rings, but will shush when I tell him. I live alone, so I kinda like having him do his BigBoy bark at the door. ;) He barks hello (1 bark) to his husky pal whenever he's out in his yard behind us.

But that's it.

My parents' dog? Barkity-bark-bark-bark in that yippy small dog way. ::)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh my gosh. :mad: I hate that!! I mean, mine will bark if someone is walking by. That's fine (good, even). But incessant barking for no apparent reason? We've had a few in this neighborhood who have done that. The lab next door used to be the world's worst, but he seems to have outgrown it.

Do you have some cotton? That worked for me. They also have those earplugs you can buy. I've never tried them but my sister swears by them. May be a good investment if this starts happening more often than just occasionally. :-\

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
I would be livid if some barking dog kept me awake at night.

The worse we have is the neighbor lets the dog out in the morning and then screams for it to come inside...
dog does not listen to him nor the kids...and the screaming goes on for about 15 min until someone comes outside and drags him inside. ::)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
WeHeartLabs said:
The worse we have is the neighbor lets the dog out in the morning and then screams for it to come inside...
dog does not listen to him nor the kids...and the screaming goes on for about 15 min until someone comes outside and drags him inside. ::)
Ya gotta love the logic! "Everyday I scream and the dog doesn't come!" "Maybe today will be different!"

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I think we're spoiled having non-barkers!
Exactly! My mom's Cairn is very cute but man, when she starts yipping ... I am so glad I have my quiet lab. Tucker does bark outside if someone is on the path behind our house or if the doorbell rings - I too am glad because it can sound intimidating. I don't let him go on for long though before he gets whisked back inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts