Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're up to about $600.00! Woohoooo!! We might still be able to get another $100.00 or so today. I've still got a few higher priced items that haven't sold....including that toaster oven...lol.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Whoooo hoooo Charla!!

I think the trick with the toaster oven, is to start thinking like you don't really want it to sell. I think right now because it's got all this "sell, sell, sell" vibes, it's feeling the pressure and isn't popping out at it's new to be owners as fast as it might if it thinks you want it to stay. Reverse psychology works everytime!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
That's GREAT! And I think Karina's on to something with reverse psychology for the toaster oven.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
$600!?!?! :eek: How do people do this!? We have never broken $100!

We must have really crappy stuff. :D

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
AngusFangus said:
$600!?!?! :eek: How do people do this!? We have never broken $100!

We must have really crappy stuff. :D
Holy moly!!!! Same here, Connie. We surely didn't make that kind of moola!!!

Nice work, Charla!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We just had a whole LOT of crap...lol. I finally sold that toaster oven too...lol. It's been really slow today though. But it's mostly down to such crappy crap now that if no one else shows up, I won't feel bad about throwing most of the crap away. I gotta get rid of this dishwasher though! I've marked it down to $15.00! I'm about ready to give it away.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Our neighborhood garage sale was this weekend. We had over 50 houses participate. Our sub was a zoo. The poor mail lady had trouble making her stops. I walked out and got our mail because someone parked in front of our mailbox. I was outside weeding and saw her coming.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I'm a horrible salesman. The last garage sale we had, my wife recognized a couple that wandered in. She remembered them from a news story. This young couple had been burned out of their house. I gave away everything that they could use.

In past garage sales, we usually make a couple hundred bucks. You are doing awesome at 600.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Neighborhood garage sales confuse me:

• You take all your junk out on your lawn and put pricetags on it all and sit there all day, stuffing dollar bills and change into an empty cigar box.
  • Your neighbors do the same.
  • Neighbors then wander into your yard and buy your junk.
  • You wander into theirs and do the same.
  • So everyone goes home with as much junk as they hauled out, just different.
  • And you feel smug for having gotten rid of your Guy Lomabardo record collection for $1.25
  • While your neighbor laughs at you for buying her Spatulas of the World collection for $2.25
  • Next year, you all go out and do the same thing again, where you re-buy your original stuff ("Hey, Look! Guy Lombardo!!!") and haul it back in the house.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Yep Dan! Pretty much what happens. You missed the thread about going to the dump. I have been known to come back with more than I brought.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts