Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the death of of Gandy's stablemate on Saturday, she's not been a happy camper, she's not good as an "only" horse. So, yesterday my blacksmith gave me this little mare. She's 14 years old, 13.3 hands, registered Quarter Horse named Dixielands Cowgirl. They've hit it off well. I'm very pleased!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh my gosh, what a little beauty she is! Very nice of your blacksmith, glad Gandy is happy again.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Linda, I'm so happy for Gandy!!!! :D :D She's a beauty. Very nice of him to give her to you!!!!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, for keeps. He has 9 horses, he's trying to scale back. He just wanted this little lady to have a good home. He's been my blacksmith for 23 years now, and he's just a good person too.

Truth be told, I think he really gave her to me because I wanted a donkey... and he doesn't like donkey's... and he's the one who would have to trim it's feet, so this way he already knows this little mare is good to handle and trim, etc... LOL!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
LOL at why you think he gave her to you! That is a total farrier thing to do ;)

Congrats! She's beautiful!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Hooray for a new friend! It always breaks my heart when our animals lose a companion they depend on.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
very very very cute

I got a great horse through my blacksmith once

he was trimming a horse the people couldn't handle at all ... he knew she was a decent horse under a LOT of bluff so he got her for me ...

she was tons of fun

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
LInda first of all I'm so sorry about you loosing one of your horses. How sad! Second--SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts