Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But not your ordinary point-and-shoot or racecar game.

Someting a little more in-depth. And if it's not safe for kids, I'm okay w/that. It's for me, not them.

I LOVED the Myst series. Played both Myst and Riven to their bitter ends. And adored every second.

Does Wii offer anything like that? I don't necessarily want to steal cars in S/Central LA. Or hunt zombies. Or chase Nazis.

But something role-based and way cool -- like Myst -- would be awesome.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I don't play those kind of games, but Zelda was my first thought too.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....off to Google Zelda......

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Dweck, you may like:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

I'm really digging the Lara Croft Tomb Raider versions for Wii. Puzzles to solve, ways to get out of rooms to figure out, etc. etc. all without a bunch of stuff jumping out at you (for the most part, there are a few times though, but necessary really) and timing factors to take into consideration. (like when to jump over a whirling saw or through, etc.) You might like them too.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Hijack:

Karina, you have a PS3, right? Have you ever played Uncharted? Jason and Riley just finished the first one and really liked it. Jason compared it to a cross between Tombraider and a first-person shooter.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Melissa, I haven't tried Unchartered yet. But given that Jason said that about it, I might have to give it a go. I am waiting patiently for Dragon's Age: Awakenings to come out on March 12.

Right now on PS3 though, I am playing God of War 1 and 2. LOVE IT!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Jason's thought about getting those because they're such a good deal now, but didn't know anything about them.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I think he'd enjoy it - mass action ALL the time. That's why I got it - great deal. You can't beat 2 games for the price of less than one. They got super great reviews too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts