Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fried a pound of bacon last night for use in various meals.
Left the skillet of bacon grease on the very back of the stove.

Today? Gone. ALL GONE! Skillet licked slick! Not even a drop dribbled down the front of the stove! The skillet was neatly positioned across the room, beneath the hutch I painted over the weekend. There wasn't even a smear of grease left on the floor!

How in the name of sweet bejeezus did he DO that?!?

:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Very, very carefully. Now don't get mad, he was "helping" you by cleaning the skillet for you. What a good boy!!!:D Hopefully he won't have the scoots because of the grease.:eek:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Oh what fun! Now you can look forward to some colon cleansing a la bacon grease!

Good boy helping mom with those dishes, Flynn!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Counter surfing extraordinaire!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Oh nonono.. that wasn't flynnie.. it was that awful neighbour dog.. came over and was bad!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nance

They are very talented when they want to be mischievous. My lab Beau used to counter surf from the very back of the counter and remove any thing, never broke anything and was great at peeling back saran wrap and not breaking the china plate. You just gotta love them. I can just hear Seamus saying, "Flynn, Mom is not going to like that and boy are you going to get into big trouble!!!" Flynn responding, "But, I can't help myself, it smells to scrumptious!!!"

Ginny

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh, I'm willing to bet that Flynn had lots of very willing help in cleaning that pan. I'd be watching everyone for loose poops until you can pinpoint the culprit(s).

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Aww Flynn, you made a mistake and got blamed for it. Listen and learn from an expert:
You should have cleaned the skillet ON THE STOVE and left the clean skillet there. Then your mom would have thought that she had washed it and forgot, and you would not have been blamed. One time my mom had a full pot of chicken soup on the stove (MMM). When she wasn't looking, I ate HALF of it right there on the stove and left the rest. Mom didn't suspect me cuz
1: she didn't think I could have reached it and left the pot standing there
2: she didn't think I would have enough restraint to leave any.
I got away with it.

Your friend, Judy

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Sounds like he's very skilled, like Macy. She can reach further than any dog I've seen, to get what she wants.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I bet he had help! I can't see the beagles passing that opportunity by. Did you smell everybody's breath?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aww Flynn, you made a mistake and got blamed for it. Listen and learn from an expert:
You should have cleaned the skillet ON THE STOVE and left the clean skillet there. Then your mom would have thought that she had washed it and forgot, and you would not have been blamed. One time my mom had a full pot of chicken soup on the stove (MMM). When she wasn't looking, I ate HALF of it right there on the stove and left the rest. Mom didn't suspect me cuz
1: she didn't think I could have reached it and left the pot standing there
2: she didn't think I would have enough restraint to leave any.
I got away with it.

Your friend, Judy
Aw, MAN Judy! You sure do have advanced skills! WOW! Way cool.
Your Man
Flynn

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would also be watching both of them and smellling their breath! One may have thought up the idea and managed to get the skillet on the floor but once it was down and within reach I am sure Flynn was good enough to share! :D What pup could resist bacon or the grease. Yummy stuff!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts