Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took her to local river this morning so she could get her swimming in. It's a neat little place on the river that used to be a boat lunch- so owners can stand and keep an eye on the dogs while the dogs swim and play.

She had been splashing and swimming for about a half hour (in water she could stand in) when one of the other owners said, uh, ma'am, I think your dog is crapping in the water.

Luke and I looked- but she wasn't crapping. She was doing her pee squat in water up to her shoulder. In the river! Two feet from the grassy shore!

She finished peeing and went right back to playing. That dog cracks me up.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
At least she didn't poop in the river. I think I remember Bella once peeing in the river that runs through one of our dog parks.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Fanny pees in the pond at the dog park we fo to and I have seen a few poop in it! I keep her away from that spot for a while.........

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Oona does this all of the time. There is a Husky that runs with its owner around the lake, she will wait until she gets to the swimming spot and then take a dump :eek: :mad: of course when this happens swimming time ends.
Olie

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Tucker never used to pee/poop in the water, he would always come out, do his business and then go back in. THEN we watched his 'cousin' Knox, a fellow black lab and Knox proceeded to pee/poop in the water. Tucker looked at him and a lightbulb went off 'why am I leaving the water like a fool to poop/pee, when I can just do it right here too?!?!' and so a bad habit was formed.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Lola does the same thing! The first time she did it, I thought it was a fluke. No such luck, she pees in the water. I thought after a winter of no river, she would be out of that habit. Nope, this weekend she was back to peeing in the river :D

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Wow, I have never seen/heard of a dog that will POOP in water. Pee, yes, poop, nope. My dogs absolutely MUST poop/pee on grass...any other surface is a no no.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Buddy poops in the ocean :-[ its the water that does it thank goodness each time it happened no one was around and it washed out to Sea!! i did try to get it but the waves took it out to fast running after poo in the Ocean ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts