Just Labradors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my whole screen turn pink and a fake Virus software warning come up saying that the Just Labradors website was not safe. And to download something. I shut down my internet connection and I'm running a scan using my virus scanner. I'll let you know if anything comes up...

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Go to Malwarebytes.org and download malwarebytes. It's free, you do not need to buy the paid version offerred. Run the program, and any of that malware will be deleted. Virus software does not necessarily catch malware.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This sounds like an adware issue

Hi everyone -
I've done lots of checking, and haven't found anything suspicious running the forums. It appears as though the people who are receiving those messages have "adware" or "spyware" installed on their computers which detects that they spend a lot of time on JL, and therefore uses JL to try and sell its fake antivirus software.

If you do get these messages, please try to install anti-adware software and let me know if it corrects the problem (Windows users only):
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
The home of Spybot-S&D!
Ad-Aware Free Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Ad-Aware Free Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ari,

I was browsing JL on 4/24 and got a virus that my firewall questioned. I ran my daily antivirus scan immediately and it found this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Nancy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IZ4N991R\cd[1].htm
[DETECTION] Contains recognition pattern of the HTML/Crypted.Gen HTML script virus

Not sure if this helps but any information may be of use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.