Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I SO ROCK. Just thought you all would like to know. :laugh: *head swelling*

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Nerd!! :p

And no, I'm not smarter than a fifth grader. I don't even know any fifth graders that are that smart! I think those kids get prepped before the show with some study materials.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i teach 5th grade and don't know the answers to some of those questions. my kids like to joke with me about it and then tell me that the first and second grade questions are way above that given grade level. i did get the million dollar question about 2 weeks ago with the factor question.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was my first time to watch it. Really, the show should be called "Shanna's Useless Facts".

All the tidbit stuff that I know and never have a place to use it. I don't know any subject in depth. I know the surface of gooberzillion :laugh: (new dork word) subjects.... EXCEPT modern movies and music.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
i witch i wuz az smert az a fif grater. i m sermter dan the chek out kid at Wal mart. I ken make chanj fo a dolla in my hed.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IzzyLucyWillie said:
Awww, our little Shanna makes us soooooo proud!!!!! :-*
:-* Thankzzzzzz. ;D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
labs4life said:
I ken make chanj fo a dolla in my hed.
Yeah, but can you count it back properly to the customer?
Nope! aw crap!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
labs4life said:
Momma to J and A said:
labs4life said:
Nope! aw crap!
Awww. Let me help. Lets say a bill comes to $3.25 and the customer pays with a ten. First, give her $0.75 and say, "this makes four." Then give her a one dollar bill, and say "this makes five" and then give a five dollar bill and say "this totals ten."

All clear now, class? ;D

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Caught this show for the first time last night. I didn't 'get' the peanut gallery -- is the contestant playing against them, except for the Moppet he picks as a helper?

And if so, do they get anything for beating him??

Also - Last night's ep (07/19) made it a point to show that the contestant was NOT a college grad. Are ALL the contestants from that pool; in other words, are you ineligible as a contestant if you've got a college education?

BTW - Fam was MAJORLY impressed that I knew which continent the Baltic Sea is on (Europe) and the first name of astronomer Halley (of Halley's Comet fame) -- Edmund!

Shanna - Along with you, I rock as well as an above-average fifth grader.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dweck said:
Caught this show for the first time last night. I didn't 'get' the peanut gallery -- is the contestant playing against them, except for the Moppet he picks as a helper?

And if so, do they get anything for beating him??

Also - Last night's ep (07/19) made it a point to show that the contestant was NOT a college grad. Are ALL the contestants from that pool; in other words, are you ineligible as a contestant if you've got a college education?

BTW - Fam was MAJORLY impressed that I knew which continent the Baltic Sea is on (Europe) and the first name of astronomer Halley (of Halley's Comet fame) -- Edmund!

Shanna - Along with you, I rock as well as an above-average fifth grader.

WOOO HOOOO.... :laugh:

I am not a college grad.... so I guess I qualify to go on the show. *snicker*

Hey, on another note.... I am perfectly disappointed. Jinx and I had an exposing moment of intoxication.... AND NOBODY CARED. What's up with this? I expected more from our rowdy JL friends. HMPH! See if I drink and post again. :p

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dweck said:
Shanna said:
Jinx and I had an exposing moment of intoxication.... AND NOBODY CARED.
Pix? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I didn't take any pix that night. I don't think I have taken pix of anything but our feet and hands.

She and I are not big on dolling up and having our pic taken. Maybe tonight I will have some taken. Gonna see if Rebecca will join in the activites. We didn't show for our engagement last night. I was too tired and trying to recover from the night before.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
labs4life said:
Momma to J and A said:
labs4life said:
Nope! aw crap!
Awww. Let me help. Lets say a bill comes to $3.25 and the customer pays with a ten. First, give her $0.75 and say, "this makes four." Then give her a one dollar bill, and say "this makes five" and then give a five dollar bill and say "this totals ten."

All clear now, class? ;D
Ooh! I LOVE the explanation! I am not so great when it comes to number crunching, but THAT I understand! Let me grab a peice of paper and a pencil so I can write that one down... ;D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I watched the other night for the other night for the first time and was smarter than a fifth grader too. But I did think some of the 1st and 2nd grade questions were hard. Now it's been a while but I thought 1st graders were just learning where the bathroom was and 2nd graders were having fun with **** and Jane.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts