Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just joined your forum. I plan on purchasing a lab this spring and would like to know your thoughts on male vs. female dogs. Which would be easier to train? Which would be more easy in the house? Any problems with male vs. female as far getting along with another dog & cats. My fiance has a 7 month old Siberian Husky and 4 cats!
Thanks for your thoughts
Sluggo

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
if you are open to both sexes, keep your options are. Yes there are general traits for the genders (females more aloof, males more lap dogs) but there are more exeptions to those rules than anything. Each PUPPY is different so don't start thinking gender will be better at this or that, even if there are "generalities" it won't hold true for all pups.

the most important thing is finding the right breeder and the right litter. Then letting the breeder, who spends at least 8wks with those puppies and knows them best, to pick the one that best fits your lifestlye/family.

good luck. Make sure to look for a litter where both parents have been tested for hips, elbwos, heart and eyes at a minimum! (these are not done by basic vet checks either)

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts