Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok does anyone have a Puppy that leaves all there toys laying around and or do you make them pick them up and if so how in the He.. did you do it? :crazy:
we can't seem to get Lazy to pick hers up and what makes me mad is she will dump all her toys out of the basket and then decides to play with the one that was already on top grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :surprise: :clown: :butt:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Milly empties her toybox. Several times a day. I pick them up ... several times a day. I love watching her play with her toys so to be honest it doesn't bother me. I have tried to teach her to pick up her toys but so far we've taught her to take. She picks up the toy and we've walked her over to the toybox and asked her to give and she drops the toys next to the box. It's faster if I just pick them up. Otherwise I have to walk her to each. individual. toy and repeat the whole. process. every. time. *sigh*

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol It would not bother me either except I fall easily and I have such bad ankles that it only takes a little bit to sprain them. We live in a trailer and it has very limited space and we have such a good girl that when I go to step over her sometimes I accidentally will step on her poor feet BUT she does not move she just lays there and waits till moms fat foot gets off her foot.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
When Nellie is in a butt tucking mood she will dump her whole toy basket out and toss toys everywhere :laugh:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Im with Sarah here. I clean them up several times a day. Im used to it, so I dont even think about it anymore. I have however stepped on an old marrow bone once or twice, so hence the reason for picking things up.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Willy does this. When we come home from work there are toys from one end of the house to the other. I keep saying I'm going to teach him to pick them up, but I never do. That would be a good goal for the rest of the nasty weather.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer picks his up, but it did take some time to get him to do it. He knows the names of his toys, so getting him to bring them was pretty easy. We play hide and seek with his toys, and I think that is how he learned their names. I would tell him to go get his duckie, and when he picked it up I would point to the toy box and tell him to drop it. When he dropped it I would say, "Good boy, clean up your toys." Go get your squirrel, drop it, good boy clean up your toys, etc., etc., etc. Eventually I could just say, "Clean up your toys," and he would go get them and put them in the box. All of the stuffies and chew toys get picked up pretty quickly, but for some reason he doesn't consider his marrow bones or nylabones toys, so he doesn't pick those up. :confused: He leaves those dangerous weapons on the floor, so it still isn't safe to walk around the house barefoot! :suspious:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts