Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you let your dogs on the furniture? Cybil had a couch she was allowed on, but that was it. We don't have that couch anymore so its doubtful our new guy will not be allowed up ... maybe.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
That's why it's called FUR-niture. Sometimes they even let us share it with them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
No. Maggie is not allowed on the furniture. She is not allowed on our bed either. She has a beautiful bed all to herself. We don't even get in it. :)

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Yes, our couch is black leather so it works really well with the black hair. :)

They don't sleep in bed with us though, they have their own. ;)

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
My 2 have never been allowed on the furniture - they are outside alot, and really do drag in a lot of dirt. Also, SU doesn't want them up on it, so they're not. If I lived alone, they would be on the furniture on blankets, and in the bedroom on their own beds ( not mine). I know that Emilu will occassionally sleep on the couch, because she always puts the pillow on the floor and fluffs up the blanket - she jumps off and greets me at the bedroom door so I don't SEE her on the couch, but if I go and check, there's still a nice, warm spot:) I also let her put her front legs up on me when I'm laying on the couch and we "chat", but she's not allowed to put her feet on the couch. (now how did she learn that the couch is a nice spot to sleep?) Skippy is too big and awkward to even try to get up on the couch or chairs.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We definitely won't be letting him on the furniture in the living room or on the beds (he will be crated at night) but I'm thinking the sofa in the family room would be okay so long as there's a blanket on it.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
That's why it's called FUR-niture. Sometimes they even let us share it with them.
LOL! I love it!!

And yes, definitely allowed. In fact I had to buy a huge couch just so that everyone (including me) could fit on for our evening t.v. and fall asleep time

·
Registered
869 Posts
I had never in the past allowed my dogs on any of my furniture, but in the last three months, I've started allowing Shane on the couch next to me. Clarence could come up, but I think he chooses not to since he is very old and it may be too hard for him to get up and down from the couch. I have no idea why I started this, but I can't say "no" now.:D

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
DH started out not allowing him on the furniture, but he had this way of getting up on the couch . . . and I felt terrible making him get down. He would put one front paw up, then the other front paw, then one back paw, then the other. When he would finally get up there, he would curl into this little ball as if he was trying to disappear. He did this very slowly and without any eye contact. DH then designated an automan that he could lay on, then he graduated to a chair, and now he gets all of the furniture . . . and sleeps on the bed. My how things have changed! :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Mine is allowed on the furniture, but only seems to like the couch in the living room, or the leather furniture in my study (I think its cooler on her tummy). She sleeps on the foot of the bed under the ceiling fan with her feet in the air.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts