Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the favourite spots thread, i thought i would share Poppy's hates....when she has finished hydrotherapy she will quite happily be blow dried by a great big vacuum cleaner...so why is it when i get the vac out she cowers in a corner!!!!Do any other labs have bizarre hates?

just love this picture!!!

Michelle

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Hahaha! Awwwwww, what a cute picture! :D
Kinda distracted me from my dogs' "hates". Paddy, I guess... nail trimming is like wrestling with a rabid jackyl. I just won't do it and it shows. Bad me.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
You like her swimming cap!!!!
Yes, I think around here it would be referred to as the "birth control swim cap".

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Abby is afraid of the vacuum cleaner. She just quietly enters another room when I get it out. She also doesn't like it if you point your finger at her. It makes her mad. Oh, and she doesn't like perfume. As soon as I head for the bottle, she jumps off the bed and darts out of the room.

Jack isn't afraid of anything, really. Well, maybe just Chloe. He gives her the "squinky" eye. Oh, and he's not a lover of water. He'll dip his toes in and that's about it, but he'll let me vacuum him. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Boomer also hates the vacuum. He doesn't even wait for me to get it out, all I have to do is get out the carpet powder and start sprinkling it on the carpet, and he goes upstairs.

He hates rain and wet ground, but lives to swim and hang out at the beach.

He HATES when you touch his feet, or touch him with your feet. He grumbles when I put my feet on him, and then he gets up and leaves.

He also hates toothpaste.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Apollo Hates:

1. Sqeeky toys
2. Being touched on the collar
3. The spainsh language (no, im not kidding)
4. Agressive human males
5. Milkbones
6. His crate (but he loves his hallway, so it doesn't matter)
7. BIG BIG dogs
8. Being touched on the nose
9. Prong collars or choke chains (even just looking at them)
10. my rose scented bath soap
11. Loud noises
12. Not being allowed to play with his "little buddies" (the ferrets)
13. Water or baths
14. Fetch (heck he doesn't even know how to play fetch)
15. Birds

Alot of these "hates" stem from being abused as a puppy though (not by me, but by his old owners) I think its weird that my dog has these quirks, but I deal with them, they just make him unique. ::)

Oh and green beans! My dog is TERRIFIED of green beans!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Apollopuppy said:
Apollo Hates:
Oh and green beans! My dog is TERRIFIED of green beans!
That is too funny. I'm not real fond of green beans either. ;D
Bless his heart, he had a rough beginning. Hopefully over time he'll overcome them.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
LOl I try no to laugh, but I put green beans in his bowl and he barked at them until I took them away lol.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Toby only has one hate that I can think of -- wherever there has been work done on the street and it has been re-paved, the small darker patch of pavement is something something we have to walk way around, because he will NOT walk over the top of it. He also doesn't like walking over manholes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts