Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunny and 70 degrees today. Perfect day to get out on the boat and enjoy the lake.

Here are some pics hubby took at one of the places we stopped. Sally and Spud, of course, enjoyed the water retrieving. Hoppy enjoyed watching it all.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
At least he got out there and walked around in the water. It's a start.
Looks like you guys had a fun day. WE are expecting up to 5" of snow tomorrow. :mad:
I agree, walking in the water is a BIG start. Have you tried getting in the water with Hoppy. That has always been a huge incentive for getting Payton to swim. She is not a driven retriever or swimmer.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you guys had a fun day. WE are expecting up to 5" of snow tomorrow.
I agree, walking in the water is a BIG start. Have you tried getting in the water with Hoppy. That has always been a huge incentive for getting Payton to swim. She is not a driven retriever or swimmer.
5 inches more of snow!! YIKES! :eek:

I'll definitely get in the water with Hoppy when it warms up a bit more. The air is getting warmer, but the water is still a little too chilly for me.:rolleyes:

I think if I can get in, he'll come in with me...especially if I have some kind of food for him. :D

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Looks like a great time by all. Looking forward for the water in the river to warm up enough for me to take HK backout the the big DP.

We got 2 inches overnight, HK and Louie had fin this morning. Heavier stuff passed south of us, headed for WISCPayton and Labby.

Not to offend anyone with deep religious background, but I adopted a new philosphy about the time I turned 50. If god chooses to put snow on my driveway after April 1, I can choose to wait until he removes it.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Great pics Nancy!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Not to offend anyone with deep religious background, but I adopted a new philosphy about the time I turned 50. If god chooses to put snow on my driveway after April 1, I can choose to wait until he removes it.
It does look like fun was had at the lake!

I have to agree with HK's dad. WTH . . . snow after April 1st is ridiculous. I thought March came in like a lion, out like a lamb, not April. I am not looking forward to snow tonight, the kids are on spring break!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts