Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,714 Posts
At least he got out there and walked around in the water. It's a start.
Looks like you guys had a fun day. WE are expecting up to 5" of snow tomorrow. :mad:
I agree, walking in the water is a BIG start. Have you tried getting in the water with Hoppy. That has always been a huge incentive for getting Payton to swim. She is not a driven retriever or swimmer.

· Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you guys had a fun day. WE are expecting up to 5" of snow tomorrow.
I agree, walking in the water is a BIG start. Have you tried getting in the water with Hoppy. That has always been a huge incentive for getting Payton to swim. She is not a driven retriever or swimmer.
5 inches more of snow!! YIKES! :eek:

I'll definitely get in the water with Hoppy when it warms up a bit more. The air is getting warmer, but the water is still a little too chilly for me.:rolleyes:

I think if I can get in, he'll come in with me...especially if I have some kind of food for him. :D

· Registered
10,307 Posts
Looks like a great time by all. Looking forward for the water in the river to warm up enough for me to take HK backout the the big DP.

We got 2 inches overnight, HK and Louie had fin this morning. Heavier stuff passed south of us, headed for WISCPayton and Labby.

Not to offend anyone with deep religious background, but I adopted a new philosphy about the time I turned 50. If god chooses to put snow on my driveway after April 1, I can choose to wait until he removes it.

· Registered
13,524 Posts
Not to offend anyone with deep religious background, but I adopted a new philosphy about the time I turned 50. If god chooses to put snow on my driveway after April 1, I can choose to wait until he removes it.
It does look like fun was had at the lake!

I have to agree with HK's dad. WTH . . . snow after April 1st is ridiculous. I thought March came in like a lion, out like a lamb, not April. I am not looking forward to snow tonight, the kids are on spring break!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.