Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used it with any luck on larger dogs?

I have to buy new flea & tick meds soon since the dogs finish up their supply on the 1st. I was thinking of trying the Frontline spray.

Right now, we use K9 Advantix for the dogs and Frontline Plus for the cats and ferrets. In my shopping cart at the moment, the total is over $300 for 3 months (6 months for my corgi). Eek. Add in the Interceptor I have to buy for them all, and we're at just shy of $600 (though that is good for 1 year for dogs, 6 months for cats)...

The spray costs $50 for a large bottle. Even if I have to buy one bottle per month, that's a $50/mo savings. The ferrets only weigh 2-3 pounds so they will barely touch it, the cats weigh 5-8 pounds, and my corgi is only 22 pounds.

My concern is how well it works for larger dogs (smallest being 62 lbs, largest is 88). Would it be best to use the spray for my smaller animals and continue to buy the Advantix for the larger ones?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and we have to use flea & tick meds and heartworm meds year around here so that's quite a bit! lol

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I just ordered Frontline topical for all of mine. I have not used the spray; don't you have to spay them each time they go out? I don't know. Are you buying from the vet? The vet inflates their prices to almost double. You can buy all of it online, even Interceptor, for much cheaper. I got the Frontline from Entirelypets.com and the Interceptor from KVvet.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Just ordered my frontline from Entirelypets. Thought I was going to have to take out a second mortage......shesh
I am afraid to try anything other then the frontline plus, not worth the chance of getting fleas in the house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts