Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time using Frontline on squirmy 8 wk old pup and I think I got more on her fur than skin. How bad is that? Any suggestions about how to be more effective next time? Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We live in rural CT - lots of ticks and Lyme. Vet recommended it now and other friends here with pups have done same.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Frontline can be used on puppies @ 8 weeks old
I'm sure it can. I just have an issue with applying pesticide to my dogs period. So - I would be reluctant in any circumstance with putting it on a puppy.

But - like I said prior - I am sure their vet knows best.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I noticed the same difficulty (mainly in the fur) so developed this procedure:

We use some disposable rubber gloves (about 100 or so to a package). I warm up the Frontline+ by putting its dispenser in warm water for about 10 minutes before applying just to cut down on any squirming by Puff. (I keep our Frontline+ in the refrigerator.)

Then I break open the applicator end, spread the fur and press it fairly firmly against the skin in the between-the-shoulders area and squeeze.

Then I rub the area to insure that any liquid on her fur has also rubbed against her skin.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I noticed the same difficulty (mainly in the fur) so developed this procedure:

We use some disposable rubber gloves (about 100 or so to a package). I warm up the Frontline+ by putting its dispenser in warm water for about 10 minutes before applying just to cut down on any squirming by Puff. (I keep our Frontline+ in the refrigerator.)

Then I break open the applicator end, spread the fur and press it fairly firmly against the skin in the between-the-shoulders area and squeeze.

Then I rub the area to insure that any liquid on her fur has also rubbed against her skin.

Why do you keep it in the refrigerator? There is no exp. date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts